1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Mar 30, 2022.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

New track flexes back to the east a bit.

[​IMG]

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Probably the same cold front that's supposed to give us lows in the upper 40s along the Red River by Thursday night is giving Ian a nudge.

At 13 mph, Ian is booking it by hurricane standards. It won't be over Cuba long enough to disrupt it much. I just hope it weakens before it hits Florida.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Now officially Hurricane Ian. As earlier noted, tracking back to the east a bit a slowing. Direct landfall isn't expected until Friday. Tampa Bay to get sideswiped Thursday.

[​IMG]

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If Travis McGee is still in Cedar Key, he needs to move the Busted Flush somewhere else.

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

As a former Tampa Bay area resident, that path gives me the willies.

playthrough and maumann like this.
  6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The American and European models have disagreed the whole time
    The GFS tracks it west
    European has it bowing toward Florida

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Sideswiped is a very good description, and not on the good side of the storm. Our favorite shelling place is Pass-A-Grille. But yeah, Treasure Island, Indian Rocks Beach, Clearwater Beach and Tarpon Springs are going to get heavy flooding if that holds that path.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

The Tampa Bay Rays have already concluded their home schedule. Nine-game roadie to close out the regular season at Cleveland, Houston and Boston.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

It should.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I follow a lot of (sailboat) cruising youtubers, and one from a couple of months ago had a guy taking his soon-to-be-sold boat across Florida via the Okeechobee Waterway. Apparently of late the depths have been pretty significantly down, to the point that he had maybe a foot below his keel throughout his lake crossing. Sounds like that's fixing to be a non-issue for quite awhile.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

For as much as America loves to build along the coastline, sandy beach or not, it is striking how relatively undeveloped the shore is between Panama City Beach and Clearwater. I’m grateful that there is so much old Florida is left and fear that it is about to get clobbered and quickly forgotten.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The bad news: Track inching a little closer east (landfall about 60 miles from my house).

The good news: Supposed to weaken quickly as it approaches the coast, with it on the border of Cat 1/TS when it makes landfall.

Draft saved Draft deleted