1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think a lot of the Gulf Coast might not kill, but would do many unsavory things for a nice, gentle tropical storm before the end of the season.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be opposed to a good, 3-4 day soaking rain coming up from the Gulf and from the west myself, to be honest with you.

maumann likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We got almost a foot of rain one week in August that turned it into the wettest August on record. Since then, we've gotten maybe 2 1/2 inches of rain, depending on where you are. We got less than an inch the entire month of September. One of those slow movers that goes straight up through here, and then into western Tennessee and Kentucky as well, would be awesome.

maumann likes this.
  4. Driftwood

I was fishing in a farm pond earlier this evening, standing on dry ground where I should be in waist if not chest deep water. No livestock has access to it, so it's not like the water has been sucked up. It's just evaporated and seeped into the clay over the last several months.

Batman and maumann like this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

It's been a gorgeous fall for leaf watchers but not so great for the garden. Would like some moisture in the ground before the temps routinely drop below freezing.

6. Driftwood

7. Driftwood

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

There's a strong cold front coming through the southeast Thursday that could be the reason for that weird bend. We're going from 82 here in the Georgia mountains to 28 on Saturday morning.

Driftwood likes this.
  9. Driftwood

The high temp in my area from yesterday (Sunday) to next Sunday is about a 40-degree swing.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is 78 right now in suburban Boston. May hit 50 for a high tomorrow.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Got one of those coming later this week: Friday's high 66, Saturday's high 37 and that could be the end of the 60s for months. So you bet your ass I'll have a 9-iron in my hand at about 2 p.m. Friday.

12. Driftwood

I'm glad this storm has a female name because it is a crazy bitch.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted