1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 college basketball coaching carousel of progress

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

To the surprise of no one:

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I really like him and I hope he works some magic

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Deleted. So which coach changed his name to Brianne?

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I hope they start playing St. Peter's every year, it would be a great draw for both programs and a real monster game at the SPC bandbox. They didn't play this year, even though Seton Hall managed to play FDU, Wagner and Yale, and had its game with Iona cancelled. Teams not playing natural geographic rivals (hello, Georgetown) makes absolutely no sense.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

A way to do this -- and I haven't seen it done often -- is for the low-major AD to write it into the coach's contract when that coach is hired. "If you leave to go to a big-time gig one of these years, you will agree to play us at some point early in your tenure in the big time."

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At one point Western Kentucky was putting that in football and basketball contracts.

7. tapintoamerica

That's right. Wood Selig, who I knew way, way back in the day, was the architect.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And it can be a road or home game at the original team's discretion. (Whichever payout is bigger) Funny that Brian Kelly made a point to schedule both Central Michigan and Cincinnati while at Notre Dame. And Cincy came up this year. The Chippewas in '23. And Cincy cost the Dome a Final Four berth.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

VCU did this with both Shaka and Bag Wade. Was cool to see Texas and LSU come to Richmond.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Butler people are speculating Matta could be AD there. Jeff Boals would makes sense if that happened. Lavall Jordan can be bought out much more cheaply starting tomorrow.

11. tapintoamerica

There's a reason Xavier whacked its coach after he won the NIT opener. They were afraid of what might follow, they knew they'd be able to get Sean Miller back and they didn't want the current guy to build any momentum. Now the Musketeers are in the finals and playing ATM tough. And the coach is still on the way out and Sean Miller is still gonna be in the office come tomorrow.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Xavier is also a proud program that missed the NCAAs five years in a row. Unacceptable there.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted