1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

My guess is they don't have an actual plan and are just going to have fun with it as long as they can. Among their long-term choices—have the character revert to heel Elias, cackling about how he can't believe how many people fell for the "Ezekiel" thing.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Kevin comes out with his long-lost cousin Devin Owens and we have a tag team Street Fight (Playa!) in which Elias and Devin brawl back stage while Ezekiel and KO brawl in the ring and around the arena.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

If Devin Owens bears a striking resemblance to El Generico it was all worth it

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Bryan: "Don't you know I came out of the bad guy tunnel? I'm not telling."

The one guy who's as technically gifted as Bryan? It HAS to be Claudio. I'd say Omega, but it seems like his return would be with one of the top matches -- vs. Jay White maybe?

Gargano would be great, but I don't see him as the top-notch technical guy.

6. nietsroob17

Damn. Christian is SO MUCH BETTER as a heel. Dropping Jungle Boy's dead father and Marko Stunt's disappearance.

JRoyal likes this.
  7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I was today-years-old when I learned Jungle Boy’s father is Luke Perry.

8. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Christian is a washed up hack who is embarrassed he always lived in the shadow of Edge and even Gangrel and tries to make up for it by going after peoples dead parents. If that were me I woulda waited him out backstage and jacked him up.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

You think this stuff is real, don’t you?

10. nietsroob17

Don't tell him about the one time MJF made fun of Brian Pillman Jr.'s meth-addicted mother, or wished for his abortion.

Or, don't tell him about anything MJF has ever said.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    Batman and JRoyal like this.
  11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

12. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

The difference between WWE and AEW fans is, not only do AEW fans think it’s real, they’re trying to convince their probation officer it’s real too

Draft saved Draft deleted