1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Really good story. Thanks for sharing.

The story said that Mox didn’t display the stereotypical behavior of drunks. He didn’t get into any incidents or drive. He just would drink all the time, wrestle, and sleep. Which is why hardly anyone had a clue.

JimmyHoward33 and Huggy like this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Renee and Mox also did an episode of her podcast that just came out, in which they detailed a lot of what happened.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

OK, this made me chuckle.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Great story. Wasn't that Flair's thing too? Drank excessively every day but he never missed a show, never showed up late? Or maybe I am thinking of someone else.

I remember reading a story about Bryan Fogarty, a mega-talented hockey player lots of people thought was the next Bobby Orr. He was an alcoholic as a teenager but after a night out with his teammates as a pro they'd be dragging themselves into the rink for practice the next morning and he'd look like he'd had a quiet night. One of his teammates in the NHL said he was a better player drunk than any of them were sober. He died when he was 32.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yes, that was Flair's thing too. Several wrestlers would talk about how they would party with Flair all night, then when they were hungover coming back in, they'd see Flair working out on the Stairmaster at 7 a.m.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Lot of functioning alcoholics out there, don't get into fights, don't drive drunk, don't miss work. Sounds like Mox was one of those.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Just because Mox wasn’t beligerent doesn’t mean there weren’t signs. The changes in his body were kinda obvious on TV, in retrospect…… I mean if he was going into hardcore matches with the shakes that’s dangerous for the opponents and they need a wellness policy, is all.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

9. JimmyHoward33

Work or shoot?

10. nietsroob17

Nah. Johnny has been pretty loyal to the fans on social media about his goings on since leaving NXT, and he insisted that his time in Chicago this morning/afternoon was a pure coincidence. Also, he doesn't really fit as a member of the Blackpool group.

I think signs are pointing squarely on Claudio. Jonathan Gresham was another possibility, but he's already been on AEW TV teasing a feud with Tully Blanchard's new ROH group.

11. JimmyHoward33

Damn I really like Cesaro but seems like he’ll be lost in the shuffle like Keith Lee unless they program him to the top immediately, and hes gonna be in Mox’s stable right so the title is automatically out.

If they planned to sign him he shooda won that new Atlantic belt at least Switzerland is actually on the Atlantic

12. nietsroob17

Damn. FTR is white hot.

And this is the team that Vince wanted to make into a pair of Flavor Flav cosplayers.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted