1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Latest in a long line of sports entertainers.

JRoyal likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Silly me for thinking we'd at least get a Ciampa/Ali feud, or some explanation of why Ciampa is aimlessly attacking everybody.

But considering the stellar treatment of NXT's most recent champs on the main roster, I shouldn't be shocked.

2muchcoffeeman and JRoyal like this.
  3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Just frustrating to see it each week. McMahon just won’t do anything with him. He could be having some banger matches with Styles or Owens or Nakamura or a bunch of others. Hell, he and Miz could do some killer promos against each other. But he’s just a jobber.

Did he ever sign a new WWE contract, or is he still on the one that got extended because of injuries? If that’s the case, he might just play it out until July or August when it’s over. Then we could see DIY reform in AEW or for some independent shows later this year.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This might be the most brilliant idea in years:

Gutter, Batman, nietsroob17 and 4 others like this.
  5. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Even if they ultimately see Ciampa as a low-card guy, why not start him out with one or two good feuds when he moves up to the main roster, even if he ends up on the losing end, just to get some good run out of an established quantity?

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I'm thinking he and the WWE are just riding out his contract, so Vince and Co. don't see any point in putting him in anything worthwhile. McMahon probably decided back at the first of the year that he didn't plan on re-signing him to a talent deal, but he's going to make Ciampa fulfill the seven months that were lost to injury. After that, Ciampa will either move on to wrestle somewhere else or become a trainer or agent for WWE or AEW.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I went down the rabbit hole on Kingston vs. Claudio in Chikara. It explained the indy love for their looking feud. I was confused about why Kingston was so hot about him.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Cena was on Ellen today. I saw it in the background. Nothing further.

9. nietsroob17

Hopefully, they enter the cage tonight wearing these.

10. nietsroob17

This is good.

And damn, Kurt looks like half the man he used to be.

JRoyal likes this.
  11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

The obvious reason why nothing is being done with Ciampa is age. They’re not going to build him up for a mainstream audience for a limited time only to watch him sign with AEW.

So who is the future class of WWE “superstars”? Talking 2025-2030 here… Theory? Brekker?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Danhausen plus FTR!

Draft saved Draft deleted