1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Anyone care about Logan Paul?

Its def a big deal outside the rasslin community. My thought goes to, Did Stephanie push for it now to show ‘look what I can do in charge’

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

He's got some talent, but he'll just be a special occasion thing, like Bad Bunny or pre-murder Cain Velasquez. I seriously doubt he'll be jumping on the house show loop.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Logan Paul is also making eight-figure amounts doing PPV boxing, IIRC. For a one-off, WWE is usually willing to give $5M to $20M for top tier draws, but I kind of doubt they'd be willing to open the wallet to make Logan Paul a full-timer.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hell no.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Absolutely not.

6. nietsroob17

A "Good Old-Fashioned Battle Royal" that involves the guys already in the MITB match? Not only is the name idiotic, but the premise, too.

Shouldn't it just be a battle royal for the guys who still want in the MITB?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Better than an eight-man tag team match, playa.

Baron Scicluna and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  8. nietsroob17

So they went with the general fan emotion and give Liv the women's briefcase. But why do I foresee them having her be one of the ones who acting blows the opportunity?

9. nietsroob17

Corey Graves: "Triple H told me about this real romantic spot in Las Vegas."

Nice callback.

Baron Scicluna and Batman like this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Tell me wwe cant do tag team wrestling, that was as good as anything anywhere on the planet.

Also uhhhh was that spooky video a Wyatt ripoff on purpose orrrrr is he maybe back?!

11. nietsroob17

Also seen allusions to Gable Steveson (gold medal) and Edge (Easter eggs of past rivals, like Bubba's taped glasses, and Jeff Hardy's frayed sleeves).

12. nietsroob17

The holy fuck? They had Liv give Ronda her first clean 1-on-1 loss in WWE the same night?!?

I'm not exactly upset, but I'm floored.

Draft saved Draft deleted