1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Pat McCurdy hasn’t played SummerSlam. Edge: Summerfest.

Gutter likes this.
  2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Just seems like the WWE life cycle is: Rollins/McIntrye/Sheamus win = Ugh same old shit. Why cant they make new stars!!

Theory/Omos/Riddle/Moss wins = Ugh who is this? why? what a waste.

So the fans just aren’t gonna be happy no matter what?

Batman likes this.
  3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Admittedly, I haven't been following WWE as closely as I used and if I'm in the minorty then so be it; but I think Theory has some potential. He's got a good look, and I'm amused by the selfie gimmick, even if he took it from Tyler Breeze. I really enjoyed watching him when he was part of the Gargano/LeRae group in NXT.
    I'm more than willing to see how his booking plays out on the main roster.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I don't mind him as a performer (I did like him as the goofy little brother from The Way), but I've just hated having to see Vince butt his way on TV as part of Theory's rise. And the last time Vince had a "chosen one," it didn't exactly work out.

And maybe I missed it during MITB, but I just want SOME logic behind it (yeah, I know this is WWE we're talking about). Why did Theory deserve to be inserted into the match, especially when he had just been a loser against Lashley, and also lost his other big PPV match against a non-wrestler (McAfee)?

When Brock did it (even though I didn't like it at the time), at least he had the pedigree of being the megastar beast who could do what he wants.

If they wanted Theory to win, just have him be in the match from the start, not because Adam Pearce was doing a heel stunt (we really don't need that tired trope again), or because Daddy (Vince) said so.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Well, Internet fans will never be happy. That’s been their MO for as long as there has been an Internet. Especially when it’s no secret that a wrestler is Vince’s “Golden Boy.” If there was ever an invitation for Internet marks to shit all over someone …

But I don’t think you’d see much complaining if Riddle had won. Or Sami. Because they’re ready for it.

Batman likes this.
  6. JimmyHoward33

True, no one hates wrestling as much as wrestling fans, as the saying goes.

Thing is Theory was a great performer in Evolve, he can do all the flippy shit, he’s huge now, he can do a promo, he can work with McAfee and save the flippy shit for when its really meaningful….. if not him then who? He’s got everything.

Maybe its a little but its better too early then too late when no one cares anymore. And the spot was probably Cody’s originally….I’m glad they said screw it and tried someone new rather than recycling Rollins or McIntrye, who we know will be in the title match in the UK and doensn’t need the breifcase to get it

7. nietsroob17

That's great news, but that's a huge bummer that it'll be at least a year before we see him in a ring again. Maybe they can at least bring E back around as a manager or commentator at some point.

8. nietsroob17

When was the last time Cole missed a scheduled show? Other than that that Saudi flight from hell, or when much of the crew was stuck in Europe because of the volcano.

9. nietsroob17

So, Tozawa is Kobayashi now? And I'm guessing since Vince loves his toilet humor, this ends with Otis spewing chunks?

10. nietsroob17

Toilet humor, and the evil foreigner taking out Uncle Sam. They're pulling out the greatest hits tonight.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. JimmyHoward33

This was a cool moment at the end of a barn burner

JRoyal and Batman like this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Good to know I wasn't imagining Asuka trying to lock in the Saskatchewan Boob Claw.

2muchcoffeeman and JimmyHoward33 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted