1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Robert Stone is now Mr. Stone because Robert is part of his given name. That's just laughable.

2. nietsroob17

No, Alba Fyre is laughable.

3. nietsroob17

Was not expecting a promo inspired by Cool Runnings tonight.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That’s still stupid. Now he shares a personal title with Mr. McMahon. And there were previous Misters, with Mr. Fuji and Mrrrr. Kennedy (Kennedy!).

They’ll be calling him “Stone” soon.

5. nietsroob17

I think Joe Gacy and Roderick Strong may be the only NXT wrestlers who still haven't been given WWE trademark labels.

6. Baron Scicluna

Dax vs. Cash was awesome.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. nietsroob17

"Sports entertainers" ... "best for business" ... "AEW galaxy" -- nice

8. nietsroob17

Oh shit ... they're bringing in the former Big Cass to face Wardlow next week? He's been impressing in Impact now that he's got himself cleaned up.

Ironic, considering he's hooked up with Lexy Nair, the backstage interviewer (and DDP's baby girl) that MJF kicked out.

9. Baron Scicluna

Wait, that interviewer is DDP’s daughter?

I feel old.

10. nietsroob17

Well, stepdaughter according to Wiki. But then again, DDP was already pushing his mid-40s when he won the WCW championship. He and Jake are both 66 -- though Jake's organs are probably 96.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

It seems like bad booking to put one of your only true heels in the Dan Lambert crew against the insufferable Samy Guevara and blonde act. Commentary seemed to be on Scorpio’s side, but I dont see how he turns again. But what do I know

12. nietsroob17

The whole thing was a double turn. Sammy and Tay were getting boos for putting the love down our throats, and Team Lambert was getting cheered going back to the tail end of their stuff with Brandi before the Rhodeses' departure, so they leaned into what the crowd wanted (novel idea, I know).

Another sign of the face turn is how Dan Lambert's turned the volume down from "Vickie Guerrero" on the dial.

Draft saved Draft deleted