1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

They Boo’d Brandi because she was Brandi, not because they wanted to cheer Lambert.

That’s the only real heels they have, I think thats a mistake, and now Scorpio’s going Big Show with the flip flop turns.

6 stars for em Im sure

I also think its bad ass they’re bringing in Cass, but hes been so dominant in Impact I’m not sure I want to see Wardlow squash him.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Only heels? Bucks and the Elite, MJF, House of Black, Jericho Appreciation Society, Gunn Club, Andrade Family Office ... and that's just to name a few.

And Sky has had only two real flips in AEW: from face to heel following the SCU split, and now in reverse.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I guess it’s the indie nature of AEW, but there are a lot of faceheels and heelfaces. Very few true heels and faces. Or at least it feels like it.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That bump that Sammy took off the multiple flips from the ladder was nasty.

Someone else on the internets had it right. Just do a flying bodypress off the ladder and the crowd will still pop. No need to come within a few inches of killing yourself.

5. JimmyHoward33

This is scary

6. JimmyHoward33

exactly this. Lambert got real heat. Its hard to call the Bucks and Cole and Allestair Black heels when the crowd deep down loves them. Aside MJF Lambert IS the only real heel. Why blow that and confuse the audience in the process

7. nietsroob17

No mincing words about her final days in NXT, and her feelings on the diva-fication of the women there after Triple H's departure.

8. nietsroob17

And the bloodletting begins again.

Dakota Kai, Dexter Lumis, Malcolm Bivens, Persia Pirotta and Harland (the big guy who had been attached to Joe Gacy) are among the cuts at NXT. Now I know why Harland had been missing in this wacky crap with Bron Breakker.

Bivens was gold on the mic, but he had probably run into a dead end since there are so few managers now, but Dakota's release is criminal. The fact that she never held the NXT women's title, or got main roster time (beyond some dark matches) is mind-boggling.

Lumis (38) was probably too old in their eyes and had probably reached his peak of what he could offer, and I suppose Persia was seen as the lesser of the pairing with Indi.

I remember Harland being played up as part of the signing class that included Bron Breakker, even as the next Brock Lesnar. He got absolutely nothing other than being Joe Gacy's shaved goof.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Reports are that Kai and Bivens made it crystal clear they weren't going to re-sign, which probably the impetus for those releases.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  10. nietsroob17

Good to see the support for Dakota ... but I'm amazed to see the transformation in Rhea since her first go in the Mae Young Classic.

11. nietsroob17

This week's Young Rock gets into his generation of WWF for the first time.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The show was overrated, if you ask me. There were a few good ones: Owen Hart, Benoit, Pillman, Grizzly Smith, XPW, and WCW/Korea ones come immediately to mind. But a lot of them barely scratched the surface, and the re-enactments were more distracting than anything else.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted