1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I thought the New Jack, Bruiser Brody and Dynamite Kid ones were good too but some - Johnny K9, Gino Hernandez, Dino Bravo - were IMO really only of interest to hardcore fans.

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The Bruiser Brody one is the episode I had in mind with the “barely scratching the surface” comment. It was basically a recap of everything we already knew.

The Dynamite Kid one was another good one. So were the ones on Onita/FMW and Nick Gage.

There was also a serious issue with factual accuracy. Plane Ride From Hell and some of the stuff with Randy Savage being the most glaring examples.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Jim Ross said he wasnt going to appear on their docs anymore due to the way some of his comments we edited. I wonder if he wasnt the only one

I think there’s diminishing returns as far as remaining topics to cover too. Darkside was good, at times, and rarely great. Glad I saw most of em but don’t think I’ll miss it

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

5. nietsroob17

Not a shock, but Roderick Strong apparently asked for his release, considering he's been relegated to being nothing much more than a manager for the Diamond Mine. And considering his three buddies AND his wife are all on the AEW payroll...

6. nietsroob17

Don't know what I should be most amazed by: this guy waiting for a second shot, that he once teamed with Lars Sullivan as enhancement talents, or that Max Caster was one of Bobby Lashley's "sisters."

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Agreed. It was a good show; not a great show.

For me, the best moment was when Benoit’s son reunited with Nancy’s sister for the first time since the murder-suicide.

8. nietsroob17

They're really milking this for all it's worth. I wonder if there will be an end game to all of this.

9. nietsroob17

Renee's podcast was a great one on William Morrissey/Big Cass (another DDP reclamation success story), and they alluded to this old NXT segment, which I never knew. This was amazing.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Thats so good. Makes me wonder if he has a shoot brother and really went to Unforgiven or if he made it all up…..if he did, outstanding

11. nietsroob17

NXT with kind of a cheeky reference to Lumis and Persia being released. Probably the best they could've done since they were all part of an active storyline.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That was great. You can even see Renee smiling in the background when Cass was singing.

Draft saved Draft deleted