1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Riddle-Reigns at Money in the Bank
    Orton-Reigns at SummerSlam

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Let Orton chase Reigns, who’s ducking him and sending out the Usos tk break momentum at every turn, before he wins the belt at the Royal Rumble.

I guess my question is, if it’s not Orton, who would you book to take a strap off Reigns? And when do you send New Day to Street Profits out to beat the Usos? Guessing they keep all the gold through at least the summer and milk Reigns being on both shows for all it’s worth.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

By this point, I don't know what they're going to milk more: the Bloodline's dominance, or this godforsaken Lashley/Omos feud.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

i think for beating Reigns the reverse would be better, Roman beats Orton first and then Riddle gets built into a credible threat and wins, gets made. Riddle has all the tools so it would be huge.

Besides that, I’d think either Cody or McIntyre. Lots of speculation they want a belt on Drew either going into or coming out of the England stadium show in the fall

Oz likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In theory, they could have Roman lose and still be champ, right? He's Roman Two Belts, so he could drop the WWE Championship (maybe to whoever wins Money in the Bank) and still maintain his long run with the Universal title for a while longer.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There’s more and more buzz about The Rock clearing his schedule for Wrestlemania.

Roman has to hold the belts until then, if that match is even a remote possibility.

7. nietsroob17

I just had that ounce of feeling that the little tease on "Young Rock" was more than just an inside joke.

8. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I'd be curious to see how it would feel if Riddle held a main title. He's a star, but he feels a tad shy of being at that level to me, at least at this point. Perhaps he grows into it. I would assume the next big thing for him is a feud with Orton.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe Riddle beats Reigns for the WWE title, then Orton comes back to celebrate with him — and hits him with the RKO we've been waiting almost a year for. Orton then cuts a promo in which he says Riddle took what's his, that Riddle is a joke who got lucky against Reigns, a joke that Orton carried, that he was just using him for whatever reason, etc.
    Orton instantly returns to the super heel role he's so great at playing; Riddle is the sympathetic face who needs to prove himself; you have hints of the old Triple H/Evolution mentor/mentee turn being flipped; and you've got a super hot feud for a Summerfest main event, and a feud you could even drag out until the end of the year. Plus you have Orton in what seems to be his normal job of being the first feud for every first-time champion.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

i think so, esp with MITB, they can have some one cash in Rolins style, pin someone else in a triple threat to get the Raw title off and keep the 700 day clock runnig on the blue belt

I’d add a returning Big E to the list of guys who could conceivably beat Roman, if it all lasts that long

11. nietsroob17

Damn. Wardlow is a million bucks.

And nice touch for JR to deliver a brief statement on Uvalde.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Man, this ROH run-in was a botchfest. Trent jumped up to throw himself onto the table and out of that dude’s hand.

Draft saved Draft deleted