1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023-24 Running NBA thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Oct 24, 2023.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Man, Adrian Griffin has a lot to answer for tonight

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

They just can’t lose to the Lakers without LeBron. That was rough.

And if you need to draw up a play in a tie game with just a few seconds left, my first choice is not a Lillard layup attempt against Anthony Davis.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Twice.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

When the Suns end up in the play-in, they'll look back at giving San Antonio three of its fucking 16 wins this season as a big reason for it.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

At the end of regulation they drew up a perfect play figuring that everyone would think that the ball was going to Dame. They got AD cheating and the Freak blew a wide open chance. At the end of OT, Dame turned the corner wide open and has to be smarter about where he lets the ball go from.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Giannis hada very rough 4th and beyond. Same issues late game as before. His best (and sometimes only) offense is to barrel into the paint. If the defense collapses deep in the paint, he either forces up a bad shot or turns it over. If he kicks it out, the others better make their threes and last night they certainly weren't.

7. Webster

That’s always the issue with him — tremendous player whose offense can be shut down late in games. It’s why they got Dame, as he still can be unguardable at times.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Dame hit the 3 that should have won it except Crowder stupidly fouls Russell with 1.3 left in reg. He can't hit every big shot. Why is there so much fouling/reaching? Why not make someone make a shot for once? I know they're the best in the world but make them make a shot (unless its Giannis, then foul like hell).

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

And now the Suns are about to win in Denver again? Maybe the Spurs are just a shit matchup. Fucking weird team. Can beat anyone. Can lose to anyone. The Florida Atlantic of the NBA.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Don’t look now, Rockets have won 10 in a row. Maybe the play-in is a good thing. They would have none shot without it and no incentive to try. Now they’re a Warriors home game away from sneaking in and causing trouble for the likes of the Lakers, which would make me LOL

11. Webster

That was a rough no call at the end of the Sixers-Clippers game.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Draymond is definitely the most annoying athlete I've watched in my lifetime. What a complete fucking asshole. Consistently.

HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted