1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Apr 13, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Billy Tom Methbanger ain't letting no storm stop him from getting out there and cruising for chicks ...

[​IMG]
    A truck passes through flooded streets caused by Hurricane Idalia passing offshore on Aug. 30 in Tarpon Springs, Florida. Photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images

maumann and Driftwood like this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Name a spot on the map and there’s probably something there to make an insurance executive twitchy. Wildfire, earthquake, tornado. Still gotta live somewhere.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
    Liut, Batman and Driftwood like this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My federal flood insurance is about $750. My storm homeowners is $3500.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

That ain't my truck in her drive
    Man, this ain't my day tonight
    Looks like she's in love and I'm out of luck
    That ain't my shadow on her wall
    Lord, this don't look good at all
    That's my girl, my whole world, but that ain't my truck

5. Driftwood

That song and She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy is pretty much what turned me off country music. I don't even remember who sang it, but the one time I've been to the Grand Ole Opry, he was there. I about gagged.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

WIKI: Cledus T. Judd parodied the song as "My Cellmate Thinks I'm Sexy" on his 2000 album Just Another Day in Parodies. This parody referenced Chesney's and Tim McGraw's June 2000 arrests after stealing a Mounted Reserve deputy's horse. Released as a single late that year, Judd's parody reached number 61 on the country charts.

7. Driftwood

I know Chesney, and actually like some of his work. Heck, we went to the same school.
    It's the "that ain't my truck" song I've purged from memory.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Rhett Akins, spring 1995, peaked at No. 3 on the chart.

(I only had to look up one of those things.)

maumann likes this.
  9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Driving a rental car for the past week reminded me why I love SiriusXM. The only terrestrial FM stations I can find are either country or Christian. And in many cases, the music is the same three chord progression. Only the words are slightly different.

Liut likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Independent agent found me a $2,500 policy, which seems like a good deal (for Florida), but consider this:

When we moved back here 2+ years ago, our premium was $2,200. The only reason it was that high, I was told, was because I had a 23-year-old roof.

My current roof is one year old.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Albuquerque had dirt cheap insurance when I lived there.
    There’s a reason the state’s been picked to store nuclear waste.

Liut likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Here's hoping there are other reasons somebody gets picked to store nuke waste. Like, for example, there's nobody living within a 50-mile radius of the proposed locale.

Liut and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted