1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Apr 13, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I was just coming to post this.

maumann likes this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Dikembe Mutombo says "No! No! No! Not in my house!"

Twirling Time likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm going to subscribe to Driftwood's newsletter. We're always on doom's doorstep in NC's newsletter.

Liut, maumann and Driftwood like this.
  4. Driftwood

My wife is in charge of all our family’s pessimism.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Pretty strong system that's going to drop my highs into the 70s early next week (BRING IT). That's the same system that will deflect Lee and Murgatroyd northward.

maumann likes this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Most of the models have the storm that will be named Lee turning north before the eye gets near the Bahamas. However, there’s four that have it staying west … and one of those four has it pulling a Katrina.

Based on the newest satellite, that storm is already fully organized and might even be a Cat1. Hurricane Hunters need to get off their butts.

maumann and Driftwood like this.
  7. Driftwood

This is the most recent as of Wednesday morning.

[​IMG]

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That black dotted line with the triangle markers is an extrapolation (hence the label "XTRP") of its to-date speed and trajectory assuming neither of these changes one iota.

Neutral Corner and maumann like this.
  9. maumann

Will Bermuda take it in the shorts again? For being a little dot in a big ocean, they sure are vulnerable.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. Driftwood

maumann likes this.
  11. maumann

The NHC's zucchini model doesn't have that pretty northward bend in it just yet, although this only goes out to Monday morning.

[​IMG]

12. Driftwood

Lee hit hurricane status just after the 5 p.m. update. It's appox 45W. It's not supposed to turn until 70W, which is just over 1300 miles, on Monday. It's supposed to still be a majore hurricane then. That's a long time. The 5 p.m. spaghetti models are still good with the turn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted