1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Apr 13, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Does the good doctor not realize that the last 28 days are part of what's considered the peak of hurricane season?

Driftwood likes this.
  4. Driftwood

No kidding. I'm looking to get through the next two weeks, and hopefully safe harbor day is just that.

Of course I know you watch Gulf hurricanes more than Atlantic, so Oct. 1 isn't always safe harbor day there.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

6. Driftwood

I've been watching this one. It's going to dump a lot of rain with moderate wind over the weekend, but it shouldn't reach hurricane status.
    There is system that has recently moved off Africa, and it's expected to develop in the next week. At first the trajectory was more or less due west, now it has some curve north to it that I don't like the looks of, but it is expected to take a similar path as Lee.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We had to postpone our Mid-Amateur Championship this weekend because of this storm since it was going to be played in Portsmouth, which is expected to get at least three inches of rain this afternoon and more overnight. Course is going to be underwater.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Gotta love the orange track that hits New Bern area, loops around and says, "here I come again."

maumann likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That’s the GFS.

Sorry, North Carolina.

maumann likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You dare dunk on the climatological expertise of a body language expert?

11. Driftwood

The crappy part is Beaufort is supposed to be having its annual Pirate Festival this weekend.

maumann likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Arrrgh

Draft saved Draft deleted