1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Apr 13, 2023.

Tags:
  1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This Stanford to the ACC posturing is out of control.

Liut, Inky_Wretch, TigerVols and 4 others like this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Saints and Chargers are also scheduled to play a preseason game at SoFi at 4 p.m. Sunday. Haven't seen yet if they're talking about moving it up or canceling it. Reports are saying the weather will turn sour Sunday evening.
    Crazy that we're talking about the Saints having to change plans for a game because of a hurricane, and it's not a Gulf storm.

Liut, Driftwood and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. MileHigh

As a SoCal native, it's fascinating to see this unfold. I mean, they're talking about 4 inches of rain in Death Valley in a three-day period. That is like out-of-this-world crazy. Same for Imperial in the Low Desert. More rain from this than it's gotten in the last four years combined. It's going to likely cause a lot of issues, especially in the desert areas.

My brother still lives in SoCal and it'll just be a rain event by the time it gets to him, but still, fascinating to watch this unfold.

Liut and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Padres have moved Sunday's game to Saturday as part of a split doubleheader.

EDIT: Dodgers and Angels too.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2023
  6. MileHigh

Angels-Rays now a doubleheader on Saturday.

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Looks like we might need to add “and Pacific” to the thread title.

Liut, 2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I have a brother-in-law in Ridgecrest in the high desert. They are expecting 3 to 5 inches in a 24-hour span aka about a year’s worth of rain in a day.

I think it was 2008 there was a summer deluge that just flooded the entire city. In some spots it was feet of water. This is going to be worse. Big hands up to them.

Liut and MileHigh like this.
  9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is not going to be a good event.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Beau does an excellent job of explaining to people what to expect if you've never been though a hurricane.

Draft saved Draft deleted