1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 Baseball Hall of Fame Class

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jul 19, 2022.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

BROOKENS! My main man! Looked like a '70s ballplayer! Had a brother!

[​IMG]

maumann and Jake from State Farm like this.
  2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Meanwhile this guy played third ahead of Brookens and Howard Johnson in the 84 Series

185F5145-4006-47D8-A8C8-AB242753B62E.jpeg

maumann likes this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

When I was in college, Tommy B. used to come over to our field house in the offseason, and I'd get to put him through some of his workouts.

We had an area of concrete wall. He would stand 10 feet in front of me facing the other way, 10 feet in front of the wall. I'd throw as hard as I could off the concrete, giving him no clue when it was coming, and he'd react and field the balls. It was very, very impressive.

Jake from State Farm and maumann like this.
  4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I always thought of Damon as the kind of player that you hated when he was on the other team but loved when he was on yours.
    Then he joined my team, and I still hated him.

Though I admit, the double steal was a cool moment.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

21.1 percent are still chickenshit. You should have to publish your ballot to be included in the BBWAA, IMHO. Own your judgments. Explain them, defend them.

JC and sgreenwell like this.
  7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Excellent. The other 21.1 percent should lose their vote out of sheer cowardice.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It is only 0.5 percent better than last year's release, which is interesting because maybe there's not as many older voters casting ballots in the shadows as we think.

Draft saved Draft deleted