1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 college baseball/softball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Mar 3, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You might (emphasize might) hold Wake Forest to a respectable score with your ace, but the rest of the rotation is just chum in the water.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That Beaver jersey buried somewhere under the playing field is doing its voodoo magic.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe the outfielders converging is a Pac-12 thing. Stanford had a play early in its game vs. Texas where that happened, and the ball was caught. Then it happened again in the ninth inning and the right fielder dropped it. Two runs scored and it opened the gate for Texas to put together a five-run inning that gave them a 7-5 win.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Just sad to read something like that. If they were having trouble getting ahold of family, it was good they waited to say anything. Credit to both teams for giving ESPN the space to get something out. I would have put a statement out that didn't offer any details but acknowledged there was a legit reason for the game's delay but asking for space. However, that is me. ESPN had to do it their way.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Speaking of Wake and Alabama, if you're going to get KO'd in the Super Regional, might as well get smashed in the losing effort. Leave no doubt.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The way the NCAA determines the home teams for these super regionals is stupid. Coin flip to determine the home team for Games 1 and 2, and then another coin flip for Game 3. So you end up with a situation like in Hattiesburg, where Tennessee is the home team for Games 1 and 3.
    The coin flip for the first two games makes sense, but the host school should be the home team for Game 3 as a reward. Especially when they're one of the national seeds.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Dear God. This thing hit the building beyond the right field wall.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

We are nine outs away from Oral Roberts being on the Jell-O shot tote board in Omaha.

Batman likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is amazing to me. I assumed the home team in games 1 and 3 was the team that committee had deemed to be higher seeded. In other words, I assumed the committee ranked all teams 1-64 in advance -- just as the basketball committees do. I was apparently really wrong.
    Coin flips? For something as important as that?

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That's a brilliant observation. I cannot officially "like" this because I cannot tolerate the notion of Trump University of Tulsa making it to Omaha. But bravo nonetheless.

dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted