1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 college baseball/softball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Hang me bang me.
    That kid was borderline unhittable.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wake Forrrreeest ain’t played nowbodee, Paaaawwwll.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That game lived up to the hype. Goodness gracious.

dixiehack, Cosmo and three_bags_full like this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No dog in the fight this year, but I was riveted to that one. Great game. Was rooting for Wake but LSU absolutely deserved it.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

After watching the regionals I thought LSU had the best team in the country. Definitely had a tougher road than Florida to the finals.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Florida is giddy.
    LSU, which is probably the better team, had to run through a lot of arms to qualify for the championship series.

For LSU, today is a form of sports washing. Their baseball team's excellence coincides directly with news that the NCAA has punished the fucking reprobate programs in football and men's basketball for considerable cheating.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Bump

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

LSU isn't in as bad of shape as you'd think, all things considered. They only needed two pitchers to get past Tennessee and two others tonight. They'll be in real good shape if they can get a rainout on Saturday.

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

As many recent World Series have shown, the teams who are battle-tested in winner-take-all games usually have an advantage over "rested" ones. And it's not like LSU is bereft of talented players.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched the LSU - Wake game - saw the Wake catcher had an earpiece in. Is that a regular deal now? So they don't have to check the dugout for the pitch calls? Never seen that before.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Agreed. I had no idea.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As if that game couldn't have enough storylines, Tommy White and Camden Minacci both are from Tampa and are good friends. White found him right after the game and gave him a hug before leaving the field.

Draft saved Draft deleted