1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

When OJ is coming to defense of victims' families ...

Liut likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Orenthal James Simpson, you know goddamned well why the book was thrown at you. So shut the fuck up. If there’s a point to be made here, you’re definitely not the one to make it.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I know this play was by a third-string QB on the fourth quarter of the first preseason game but even Patrick Mahomes was impressed:

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I love you, Baltimore Ravens.

Batman and MileHigh like this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Saints and Chiefs with one of those endings that, had it been any time other than the preseason, would go down as an all-time "WTF are you doing!?" moment.
    Saints scored a touchdown with less than two minutes left to cut it to 24-23, went for two and missed it. They then used their last two timeouts on first and second down, and on third and long the Chiefs tried to throw a screen pass instead of just running the ball and bleeding the clock down for a punt. The ball was tipped and intercepted by a defensive lineman at the 20-yard line. Saints ran it a couple of times and kicked the walk-off field goal to win 26-24.
    Also, the Chiefs were +1.5 if you're into that sort of thing.

Week 16 with a playoff spot on the line? Andy Reid should be fired for that.
    Week 1 of the preseason? Eh, who cares.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Former BC Lion. He lit the CFL up.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So some people are making a big deal about the numbers Aidan O'Connell put up against the 49ers, I'm more pissed off about the number he was issued by the team. Nothing says "bush league operation" more than issuing the number of your teams all time leader in TD passes, completitions, passing yards etc. than giving his number to a rookie (who didn't even wear it in college) after showing Carr the door. My goodness. And I'm not even suggesting they should retire it, but maybe give it a rest for a year - give it to a punter or DB the first time you bring it back. Absolutely classless.
    Can they just fire McDaniels already?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure any team would hold off on giving that number out the following season in those circumstances, but I applaud your overall sentiment.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

Does Michael Lewis get to write the book that tells the story about this as well?

Draft saved Draft deleted