1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

ESPECIALLY when the Giants and/or Jets suck! The Jets flopping miserably this year is the easiest bet in sports.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When was the last year the Giants, Jets, Yankees and Mets failed to make the playoffs? I'd throw in the Knicks but even cruddy teams make the NBA playoffs.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

All of them, including the Knicks, missed the playoffs in 2014. All but the Knicks missed them in 2013.
    But considering those are two of only four times the Yankees did not make the playoffs in the MLB wild card era (started in 1995) it's a good point that it doesn't happen often.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know it's preaseason, but I can't help but enjoy the Steelers looking great against the Bills when both teams had their starters in the game.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

If Pittsburgh isn’t a playoff team this year, they will be next year.

They are loaded with young talent on offense.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Nor, for all the teams that are in the area, does the reverse happen very often #EastCoastBias #NewYorkIsOverrated #NoItsNotWereTheCenterOfTheUniverseEatShit. April '22 to April '23 was, I believe, the most successful 12-month period for New York teams, in terms of the number of teams making the playoffs. The only one not to was, of course, the Jets and a fine good evening to you @DanielSimpsonDay! :D But outside of the Yankees, everyone in the area has gone through extended dry spells this century. And now another dry spell is beginning!

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It really does come down to Pickett. Is he a game manager or can he be more? He has the pieces around him.

The secondary could be a problem unless Porter is ready from day one. Injuries could be an issue up front. Ogunjobi is having foot problems again and Benton didn't play tonight.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

the defense is top 3 in the NFL, great RBs and a top 5 receiver.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And an actual quarterback.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I love the announcing during preseason football.

The Cardinals announcers are going on at length about how amazing the Cardinals defense is. Guys have really bought in, and this team will not be a pushover. One thing we know already is this is a well-coached squad!

After three quarters against the Chiefs it's 31-10. The three Chiefs QBs have combined to go 27/33 for 330 yards and three TDs. No interceptions, no sacks.

Still a quarter to go.

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

It'll still go terribly wrong.

dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted