1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Moore is the other first-round pick.

Liut likes this.
  2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

If another team trades up for a QB the Lions could end up with Will Anderson or Jalen Carter. If Carter’s character is too questionable they can take the CB of their choice

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

BREAKING NEWS FROM ADAM SCHEFTER

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Where’s your LOL?

5. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

I was in junior high. I didn’t even notice Dudley Moore was in that movie.

6. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Moore is basically the late first/second round pick from this draft.

Definitely not getting Anderson. We'll see about Carter, Warren Sapp's weed scare dropped him to 12th.

It's not a draft thin in terms of defensive line talent either. There's plenty to be had.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Rolling some of the picks from an oft-injured McCaffertyand DJ Moore into a (hopefully) franchise QB that will be set for 10 years is a strong move. They still have three picks in the top 100 this year and they weren't terrible down the stretch next year. Obviously, the opening of the FA period was the leverage the Panthers were using on the deal. Maybe the Bears could have received more, but not likely still picking in the top 10.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I thought it said mistaken for a RUBBER. Like a used one carelessly tossed in the weeds where little insects can feast.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

With Chicago’s history on offense, does anyone really think this is going to work out for them?

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Since the Bears' current needs are close to infinite, it was a cinch they were going to trade this pick. Will it work out for them? Moore's a better receiver than who they have now (not a high bar), so there's close to infinity minus one needs. There appear to be a lot of edge rush and corner prospects in this draft, which are also glaring Bears weaknesses. All in all, not a bad deal for them at all, unless one believes Fields just can't make it as an NFL QB.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I keep seeing “Moore” on second reference after some post about “10” and think it’s referring to Dudley.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted