1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Moore was the linchpin. Why wait? What other QB needy team could have included a similar player? Michael Pittman ain’t that guy.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yep. Getting an established WR -- by far the best of any available on the teams reportedly willing to trade up -- to fill a glaring hole opens up all kinds of options with their first few picks. For filling all the other glaring weaknesses.

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sources: Rams trading star CB Ramsey to Fins

Dolphins trade a third-round pick and tight end Hunter Long for Jalen Ramsey. I assume the contract kept the asking price down. He is due $20 million for the 2023 season. He is signed for two years beyond that, but they aren't guaranteed.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Carr had to go, but this move tells a lot about the mediocrit of the Raiders.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

McDaniels loves the guy. And in truth, he'd be a pretty good quarterback if he wasn't made out of balsa wood and paper mache.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Jimmy G is cheaper than Carr and McDaniels knows him. Clearly Carr did not like running McDaniels' system.

Niners sign a total stud of a DT (Hargrave). That's going to help.

8. outofplace

Grave Digger certainly chose a great time for a career year. That's a lot of money for a 30-year-old defensive tackle, but he's a hell of a player.

9. outofplace

The Steelers are back to being a maddening franchise to follow in free agency. Re-signing Cam Sutton was supposed to be a priority, but they let the Lions steal him away for a reasonable three-year, $33 million contract. I do not understand why that team thinks they can dumpster dive for cornerbacks in the modern NFL.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Jimmy G's signing also brings a Twitter era to an end.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think its a sign of McDaniels lack of coaching ability that he has a hard time connecting with players/coaches he already has experiencing with. Having Stidham there when Garoppolo goes down in October will help - but its not an upgrade of the position. Perhaps more cap-friendly, but the Raiders won't be a factor for another five years at least. Though I do breath a sigh of relief McDaniels didn't pull the "draft a QB and buy himself time" as the QB develops scam that many coaches use.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Stidham signed with Denver.

Draft saved Draft deleted