1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jan 10, 2024.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

All hat, no buffalo.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

8-4? he’s going to be lucky to go 6-6. Well, his assistants will, since I in game coach as much as Sanders does.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I will say this.
    One of the OL coaches at Colorado (Phil Loadholt) is the largest human being I’ve ever seen in person.
    6’8; 350
    One of my cousins played juco fb with him….at 6’5….280…..played TE……got a picture taken with him and looked like a child.

Batman likes this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

North Dakota State
    at Nebraska
    at Colorado State
    Baylor
    at UCF
    Kansas State
    at Arizona
    Cincinnati
    at Texas Tech
    Utah
    at Kansas
    Oklahoma State

There's a path to 8-4 with the skill kids they have. It's not a great path, but it's there

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Somewhere between 0-6 wins. My first mental pass through that schedule came up 3-9.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Colorado was able to sneak up on people early last season because no one had any game film on them. That won't be the case this season.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I went to college with Daryl Gardener, who played in the NFL for eight or so years. He was 6-6 and 295 and ripped. Dude took up some space in a room.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I always had such high hopes for him on the Vikings.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We had a local guy some years who was an All-SWAC lineman and about that size. I remember interviewing him outdoors on media day, with the August sun beating down, and trying to use him for shade.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Once I was in line at a drive-up ATM behind Roy Rogers. Not the cowboy, the 6-10 center from Alabama who’s now a Trail Blazers assistant. He reached the buttons from the driver’s seat without the slightest lean to the left, despite leaving a generous amount of room between car and curb. I think I had to open my door to reach the same ATM.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bob "Big Man" Pointer was legendary -- Santa Barbara High, 1967 season, teammates with Sam "Bam" Cunningham. Pointer weighed 447. Another guy was 312.

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

There's no way that 447-pounder wasn't terrible.

Draft saved Draft deleted