1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A better perk would be their own lane on the highway, like the HOV lanes some cities have.

Michael_ Gee and Liut like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Last by a wide margin.
    You’ve really got to lack any interest in academics in order to have an NCAA-calculated grad rate < 50%. Transfer? You aren’t counted if you haven’t failed out yet. Go pro after 3 years? Same.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I don't see UWash on that graphic. Figured the Huskies have to be pretty high.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

4th row. 84%.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Thanks.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

12. What do Oregon and UW need to do to get a trophy like real Big Ten rivals play for? Maybe QFC can donate a shopping cart.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What would be great would be if they just painted part of the "new/future" I-5 bridge over the Columbia River Purple or green on a yearly basis.

I Should Coco likes this.
  9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

For a week or so, that would cover the graffiti!

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I love when they light up the Empire State building - there has been talk of "lighting" the bridge in a certain way - making it purple or green for a month or two - or a year, would be great.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Only downside: isn’t Vancouver more of a Wazzu town?

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If a Duke football game fell in the forest, it wouldn't make a sound. I have a passionate Duke alum in my family who wouldn't disagree.

Not really surprised that this wasn't highly publicized. Too many of Duke's alums are too far away from Durham to fill the stadium. Big difference between filling the upper deck of Cameron – the only seats the students don't take up during basketball games – and filling up Wallace Wade.

Most schools would faint at the concept of eliminating 5,000 seats. But Duke didn't fill Wallace Wade when David Cutcliffe turned the program around, they didn't fill it when Mike Elko won a lot of games during his two seasons. They're not filling it now that Manny Diaz gets a chance to prove that he was jerked around in Coral Gables.

Might as well try something else if you're trying to bring in fans. Besides ... did you see the prices? By D-I football standards, it's cheap. Worth a shot.

The thing I'll miss is that while going to games there growing up, the stands they're taking out were in the middle of the horseshoe, and a great place to watch a game, being able to look at the game from the perspective of the offense or defense instead of from the sideline view we always gets for broadcasts.

Liut and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted