1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 NBA offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Jun 19, 2024.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I would say there's a less-than-zero chance that Monty gets the LA job. Detroit wanted him gone so badly they ate $65m.

His end with Phoenix was rough -- his schtick got very old and stopped working -- and the Detroit situation was a disaster. He's not coming back from this soon, if at all.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He has 65 million reasons to not come back from this soon, if at all.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

LOLos AngeLOLes LOLakers. SMH.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Jesus — talk about wasting the last years of LeBron’s career.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I doubt he’ll last as an NBA coach ( I could be wrong) but if you’re JJ, you have to take the money.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I guess! He made $117m in his career, but money is money. Still, to me, this seems like a total booby trap kind of job - Incredibly high expectations, but huge personalities on the roster, in management and in ownership. James and Davis only missed 11 and 6 games respectively, and they "only" won 47 games. Spotrac has them at $71m over the salary cap; they have their 26, 28, 29 and 30 first round picks to use, and a $5m exception. The Clutch of it all means never say never about them getting someone else in there, but they're pretty boxed in when it comes to their roster situation.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Seems like an overpay, but Giddey never seemed to get better:

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wow Caruso fits OKC so much better than Giddey.

TigerVols likes this.
  10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And if you're the Bulls, don't take calls from Sam Presti. He's smarter than you. You're not going to get the better end of the deal.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What makes me laugh about the LaBrakers is Rich Paul is doing his damnedest to orchestrate Bronny playing with his dad - and working just as hard making it seem like "its up to the Lakers. We'll have to see what happens."

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The issue is that any coach who has the resume to warrant the Lakers job would laugh and hang up the phone when asked to interview for this Lakers job.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted