1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 NBA offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They basically took Hardaway's money and gave it to Klay

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Dude went scoreless in 32 minutes in the play-in game that ended their season.

They may go visit Klay to make sure he signs that deal with Dallas.

Chef2, TigerVols and qtlaw like this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is being reported as a sign and trade. The team is ok with it. Sounds like the haggling right now is what the Warriors get in return.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Sarcasm font. Calling back to the days when the Warriors worked Easy Mark Cuban (who is no longer calling the shots).

Spartan Squad likes this.
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Tatum
    5 yrs-313 million.
    We’re dealing with Monopoly money.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

All you have to do is look at the revenues generated by the players and who's paying those revenues. Look in the mirror.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Interesting to see what the Pelicans do. Now that they have Murray, they really don’t need Ingram. I assume they trade him and try to get some size as they need a center. I’m

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Free agency now feels like the early days of Wheel of Fortune, where contestants were required to go prize shopping with their winnings. So even if you didn’t think the floor lamps were worth it, you wound up with them anyway because you had to spend the dough on something.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2024 at 9:39 AM
    franticscribe and MTM like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What do I win?

DanielSimpsonDay and poindexter like this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The fifth pick in the 2025 NBA draft

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So the Celtics group led by Grousbeck bought the franchise for like 200 million plus back in 2002. Now, they've signed up the franchise players long-term (about a half a billion of commitments) and are cashing out. For what? Like 5-6 billion sounds right. Buy low, sell high. I used to kck the shit out of those guys as fanboy owners but they are all really good at business.

Draft saved Draft deleted