1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 NBA playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Except that the Celtics won’t make it. They’re well on their way to becoming the Dodgers of the NBA.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Embiid bruh my God what a dirty play

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the various nut shots, the hip check screen on Anunoby, or the ankle-twist takedown of Robinson?

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    As with Chris Paul, the Embiid nut taps are the table ante

poindexter and PCLoadLetter like this.
  5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Me in the morning after any Lakers-Nuggets game:

Screenshot 2024-04-26 004238.png

Liut likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So many questions and I want answers to none of them...

Liut likes this.
  7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I think that picture was one of the sparks in Jerry West's lawsuit against Winning Time. Well, not the picture but the entire scene, among others. But I feel ya, Mr. Clutch.

Lakers are first team to ever trail 3-0 after leading by double-digits in all three games. And I think last year at least two or maybe even three of the games in the sweep they led by double figures.

Part of me is like, you know, they still match up against anyone else in the West. I don't know if you have to blow it up. But then...if you can't win ONE game in two years against the top team in the conference, then what's the point? Gotta change it up, whatever that means. And I have been a DLo supporter the past two years because he played huge role in their run last year after they dumped Westbrook. He absolutely helped saved their season last year, but then of course struggled in the Denver series. And he was fantastic for much of this year and Ham cost Lakers a chance at top 5 seed by inexplicably benching him and Reaves a few months into the season. But then you get Game 1 and last night and again...probably have to move on.

And after Saturday, will have to again drown the sorrows by watching old Showtime games on YouTube for hour after hour.

Liut, HanSenSE and Spartan Squad like this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It’s a good thing exactly 12 people are watching the Cavs-Magic series because…what the hell was that, Cleveland?

I didn’t look at the score and watched the game on DVR this morning and had to start checking that I wasn’t part of an elaborate prank when it reached 92-50.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

OK that context actually alleviates some of my anxiety around a pantsless individual in a semifetal position.

As for the blowing leads, I think it really speaks to just how consistent the Nuggets are. They know what they need to do to finish games and don't panic even when they trail by 20. Of course double leads mean very little in the NBA any more thanks to everyone shooting high volumes of 3s. As to your second point about whether you keep the band together, that may be out of the Lakers' control if LeBron thinks he could be on a team better equipped to win him another ring. I believe he has an opt out after this season, I could be wrong. But AD is great when healthy. And that is "when" with a capital "WHEN." It also isn't fair when you have to guard a guy like Joker who is just so good and so big and so physical.

I know LeBron continues to beat up on Father Time, but Father Time is getting some licks in and I don't know how much longer LeBron can do it. And if AD can't stay healthy, how far can the Lakers really go? Thunder are on the rise. Nuggets could be the dynasty of the 2020s if they can keep pieces together. Minnesota should be good for a couple more years. Spurs are lurking. Teams like the Warriors, Suns and Lakers are going to have to figure it out fast because the West is a beast and they are going to be left behind.

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

On another context thing, the leads in Games 1 and 3 were early in the games. Last night it was basically all in the first quarter. You can't expect an early 12-point lead to just magically hang around in basketball anymore. Both of those leads were essientially gone by halftime and the Nuggets cruised in the second half of both games, especially last night. The 20-point lead is a different story because that was much later in the game.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’m still adjusting to 15-point first-half leads being completely meaningless.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have no interest in either team, really, but the Bucks and Pacers just played one hell of a game. Pacers won in OT. Many last minute and second heroics by both teams. Superior entertainment.

franticscribe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted