1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I was just about to post on the 2023 thread, and realized that we’re in a new year, so why not a new thread?

Already off to a bad start. Giovanni Vinci jumped off the top rope right into a Kofi dropkick and landed on the back of his head. Doctor came in and stopped the match.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

At least having Truth on TV fixes everything. Him standing in the neutral corner because he doesn't know which side he's competing for is epic.

Also, Dragon Lee is stuck in Mexico with visa issues and won't be at NXT tomorrow, but he says the LWO has a surprise for Gulak's crew. I'd say they bring out Andrade, but do they need yet another Latino wrestler being either affiliated with or feuding against the LWO on SmackDown? Escobar, Los Lotharios, Legado, Carlito, Dragon Lee, Rey (when he's healthy)

If Andrade is in fact coming back, I think he makes more sense for Raw, because they need a lucha guy on Mondays. Really, all they have now is Dom I think.

3. Baron Scicluna

Maybe they can have Andrade and Zelina reunite?

The Awsesome Truth segment was pure gold. Truth even channeled HBK vs. Flair with his “I’m sorry. I love you,” to Miz.

4. Baron Scicluna

I called it! The return of Jinder!

5. nietsroob17

Khali gets screwed!

But who is it REALLY going to be?

6. Baron Scicluna

And The Rock!

7. nietsroob17

Thought I smelled something.

Thank God. All the USA bashing, I was starting to think it was going to be Hogan.

8. Baron Scicluna

Yep, we’re getting Rock vs. Roman. But when?

9. nietsroob17

Oh, shit. We really are getting Rock and Roman -- but is it at Mania or are they cashing in all their chips for the Chamber in Australia?

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I thought maybe Kurt Angle

That was great. But how the hell is Rock not standing in the ring with Roman Reigns? Jinder McAfee and Theory ffs

11. nietsroob17

Rock and Roman with that 30-year slow build.

12. nietsroob17

With Becky losing earlier, does Seth go down (or gets cashed in on) here and the Rollins family takes off until the Rumble?

Priest has been conspicuous by his absence so far tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted