1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

If he's solely a shitheel type, that could be fun. But AEW already feels like an org that needs tighter editing without throwing this nuclear hand grenade into the mix.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Hey Shane’s last gimmick was “best in the world” and AEW is where the best wrestle so

Batman likes this.
  3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

A few thoughts I had last night as Claudio ate another pin

Is he better off in AEW? Or is the in the exact same spot he was before?

2) Is he better than Ricochet? And if so how are we to believe that Ricochet won’t end up in the same spot when he gets there?

there’s a case to be made Ricochet’s younger and high flying as opposed to mat-based. But the “anazing star rating potential, low character/mic work” is prettttttty similar. Got me thinking anyway

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Wyatt Sicks taking their show on the road.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think Claudio is A) enjoying himself quite a bit lately, based on his behavior before and during matches and B) I think he's taking those Ls and acting goofy as part of a longer storyline. Like at some point, Mox is going to turnaround and say "WTF, you used to be a monster."

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

“… And now you drink blackberry Crown Royal.”

7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Chelsea Green is so over right now, and they love her in Chicago. I'd love the idea of her sneaking away with the briefcase (though I think Tiffany would have a greater future with it).

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No 10 bell salute, nor even a black "in memoriam" card for the Raw production team? We're just going to put them in the Benoit hole?

9. nietsroob17

Sure didn't take long for them to clean up and repair the trailer (or whatever it is) that they use for the gorilla position.

Drew's revenge on Punk was beautifully done. LOVE the production of taking the Waller/DIY segment and weaving it right into Drew/Punk.

Baron Scicluna and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Chad Gable: Not dead.

11. nietsroob17

Who knew there was a third Young Buck?

Batman likes this.
  12. nietsroob17

Welp, so much for Jacob Fatu bring on the side of Roman and the Usos. And there's supposedly Hikuleo (the other Tongan brother) coming in.

Who's left to even things out for Roman and the Usos?

Draft saved Draft deleted