1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

20 years in wrestling, 14 years on the WWE payroll. And weirdly, twice debuting for a company at the side of Ron Killings.

A lot of wrestling talent has been from (or associated with) Cobb County, Georgia, and Woods could go down as one of the best.

If it all ended today, I'd give Cody Rhodes a slight edge over Bob Armstrong, with Woods at the third spot, and Road Dogg and Big Boss Man rounding out the top five. Others of note: the other three Armstrong sons, Buff Bagwell, Lita and Jimmy Wang Yang, while Tony Schiavone has lived around these parts for more than 30 years.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2024
  2. nietsroob17

The RVD Bio was fun. Love how they actually showed a young Kevin Steen in the crowd for when RVD beat Cena at the second One Night Stand, just like a young RVD did the "kiss my feet" deal with Ted DiBiase.

Next week is the Steiners. That should be interesting getting around Scott doing Scott things, and Rick being a transphobic moron.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2024
  3. nietsroob17

4. nietsroob17

Was just browsing around my YouTube suggestions, and I got this account. Basically raw footage from the WCW hard cam and announcer audio before Nitro and Thunder.

The account was dormant for about six years, but has recently started posting again.

https://youtube.com/@thewcwfeed?si=x-K3-4-048DEXzGv

Batman likes this.
  5. nietsroob17

Raw is in Indianapolis, but Pat McAfee is MIA. Looks like they're working in the "disruptions" to his show with the Wyatt Sicks?

Except the whole McAfee crew, and his parents, are apparently sitting right behind the broadcast table.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2024
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This looks great:

7. nietsroob17

About flipping time. A tad bit delayed from its original April premiere date.

8. nietsroob17

Cole gets a VHS tape from Nikki Cross. He better be kind and rewind, or there's no telling what wrath he'll feel from the Wyatts.

And there finally is the first step toward the Creeds and Ivy turning heel on Gable's side.

9. nietsroob17

A lot of gears moving tonight. Now, we have Priest inevitably getting booted from JDay, and Gunther readying himself for his SummerSlam opponent.

10. nietsroob17

That was a damn good video from the Wyatts, but I'm still trying to figure where Pat comes into things.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bo Dallas with a deep, dark, creepy confessional.
    Then they cut straight to the "Despicable Me 4" ad.
    Synergy, baby. Synergy.

JimmyHoward33 and Baron Scicluna like this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Come on. Everyone knows that the Minions really are the buzzards that Bray told us to follow.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted