1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I figure we'd get a return from one of the OG Bloodline members, but what a finish to SmackDown.

It was for the part, I'm sure, but Heyman with bloodshot eyes and a 5 o'clock shadow was a great touch.

Whenever Roman returns, I think there's going to be a pop to rival Cody winning at WrestleMania, and that's saying A LOT.

Batman likes this.
  2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I love the effort Heyman puts into his appearance when he's under duress ... the five o'clock shadow, the red/puffy eyes, the lack of hair dye and going grey. Greats do great things in the details.

Yeah, Roman is going to be an uber babyface when he returns and, if the pop that Heyman got when not acknowledging Solo is any indication, the pop will be insane.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Imagine the pop when Roman reuinites with the Usos. And if/when Sami Zayn gets in the ring with the 3 of them. If they did that in Quebec…..

4. nietsroob17

The WWE's 10-year slow build to make Roman a fan favorite finally reaching its fruition.

5. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

It's cinema, you marks... ;)

rb

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The great thing about this is that we all can see how the storyline is going to play out, with some possible variations.

Usos are going to reunite to take on the Tongans. Maybe Sami gets mauled by Jacob Fatu and rallies. Roman returns, beats the hell out of Solo and then the Rock returns. And we get Rock-Roman at WM for the entire Bloodline.

And we can perhaps throw Punk, Cody,KO maybe Brock, and maybe some other new Bloodline guys in the mix as well. Barring injuries, the next 10 months are going to be lit.

Hard to believe that this storyline started nearly five years ago with the camera panning away from Roman to reveal Heyman sitting next to him.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And somewhere along the line, we get the real Paul E. Dangerously back.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

Signs seem to be pointing toward Solo/Cody in Cleveland. Is that where we get Roman's return to screw Solo, maybe with some mutual respect for Cody?

When do Roman and Solo face off? Do they do it at one of the lesser PLEs? Is it for War Games at Survivor Series?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2024 at 2:40 PM
  9. JimmyHoward33

I dont know how they get out of Cody crushing Solo at Summerslam tho. Solo cant win the title. And if Cody beats him, how are we to believes Solo’s any threat to Roman Reigns?

Depending on when Reigns is returning, I’d have Solo/Tongans beat Lesnar. Any group that can handle him has to be taken seriously. Now is Brock an option and would he be open to jobbing? Dunno.

Where that leaves Cody for Summerslam? Maybe Orton.

10. JimmyHoward33

There’s also a school of thought where Roman’s real score to settle is with Seth Rollins. You could put him on Raw and away from Solo for 2-3 months letting tension build in a “whose side are they on” before it explodes. Maybe.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No and also no.

I realize that Brock has had his boys plant rumors in the rasslin' media about how he's about to come back, but I don't see WWE touching him until the McMahon situation is resolved.

12. JimmyHoward33

I get that but is there any other way to elevate the Tongan Bloodline to a place where anyone believes they’re a match for OG bloodline?

Draft saved Draft deleted