1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

“If she were a bird she could flap her arms and become miss money in the bank” is the funniest thing I’ve heard in years

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Who needs Roman when you've got the greatest return in the history of professional wrestling?

3. JimmyHoward33

Holy shit what a match

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Those women are going to need a lot of ice and time in a hot tub. Zoey took about four insane bumps in that match.

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

They're some crazies in that Cardona/Green household.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Is it too soon for a Roman Reigns return?

7. JimmyHoward33

That was a wet fart of an ending. Cooda been an episode of Smackdown.

8. Baron Scicluna

Solid main event match. Right ending as you need the Bloodline strong right now entering Summerslam. Drew’s cash-in could, and maybe should have been the main event.

I give the show a B+. A lot happened to further along storylines.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wow. Cena says he'll do "30 or 40 dates" on his farewell tour and it'll go throughout the year. So he'll basically be a full-timer for his last run.

Figure that ought to translate to maybe 15-20 matches. Say 8-10 PLEs, a couple of the bigger house shows (like MSG), and a handful of Raw and Smackdown matches.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It’s a PPV, not a PLE.

11. Baron Scicluna

Cena’s looked like he’s lost a step or two in his more recent matches, probably due to age and injuries, although it could also have been ring rust. At his age, it’s a tough balance between getting enough reps so he can put on a good show and trying to stick to a pitch count so he doesn’t get too banged up.

Undertaker had the same problem. He was too beaten up to do a lot of matches; but when he did one match a year, the ring rust was obvious.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Triple H, musing on the long length of the post-PPV presser since Cena fielded approximately 600 questions, with a subtle dig at AEW:
    "I feel like I'm in the main event of one of these six- or seven-hour pay per views and you're like 'Just get the thing over with.' Jesus. Don't read too much into that. I meant one of ours."

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted