1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

To be the PBP on SmackDown as part of a three-man booth with Graves and Barrett. I'll give him a shot, but I'm cautiously wary about WWE's past of trying out "legit" sports broadcasters.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2024
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Isn't Friday a big prep day for Saturday college football broadcasts? Like meeting with the coaches and key players? This seems like a side hustle that may negatively affect his day job.

3. nietsroob17

I will say, nowhere in the release does it say SmackDown though. Just that they're keeping the existing teams together.

Maybe they're flipping the crews again and sending Cole and Pat to Fridays?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If so, then that's a big sign that McAfee isn't doing College GameDay this fall.

5. nietsroob17

Her character work is just amazing. If she can catch up to some of the uber-athletes with her in-ring work, she's going to be something big.

6. nietsroob17

WWE dropping Joe Hendry images like they're the Wyatt QR codes.

7. nietsroob17

I'd love to see this whole partnership eventually breed an NXT/TNA super show. Even bringing in some of the ex-WWE guys that are up there, like Ziggler and Ali.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Gotta think he’ll be an entrant in next year’s Royal Rumble.

9. nietsroob17

They're certainly trying to get some humor out of one of the guys in the No Quarter Catch Crew (Charlie Dempsey's stable) being legitimately deaf.

10. nietsroob17

A TNA guy is the most over wrestler in NXT right now, even next to Trick Williams. What a world we're living in right now.

11. nietsroob17

First Ciampa, now this. What a time for former WWE lawyers/representatives.

c253735b8783f4c7-600x338.jpg

12. nietsroob17

That didn't take long. A few weeks ago, she was seemingly in a pipeline to AEW.

While I don't know much about them, having Vaquer and Giulia in NXT just made that brand's women's division (from what I gather) INSANELY good.

Draft saved Draft deleted