1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If Adam Page wins tonight, AEW needs to start pounding the hammer about how "Whose house? Swerve's house!" refers to Adam Page's actual house, with Adam Page's actual family.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Watching on delay and during Ospreay's promo I couldn't help but notice a bunch of empty seats in the lower bowl.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's Calgary during Stampede week.

They went out Stampeding for the night.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Feels like they missed a golden opportunity to do a Stadium Stampede match during the Stampede.

Inky_Wretch and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

AEW officials checking on Samoa Joe:

6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Good God, that was awful. Sure, Jericho played a pivotal rise in AEW's rise, but TK needs to stop fanboying over him and giving him free reign.

And for the love of Pete, can they get a better props guy? That "wall" looked like the same cardboard that made the "floor" Jericho fell through from the cage a couple years ago.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. nietsroob17

I'm sure she'll eventually head back WWE, but it would've been a great pop for supposed free agent Natalya to make a one-off to confront Mercedes in Calgary.

8. nietsroob17

That's pretty sweet actually.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’m tempted to head over to Little Rock next week. Ospreay vs. MJF and Swerve vs. Okada? Damn!!!

10. nietsroob17

Nice twist. I expected Storm to turn on May, not the other way around. Great ending tonight.

Batman likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was unexpected, odd and weirdly intense. All of those are good things.

12. nietsroob17

Draft saved Draft deleted