1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I don't think we go almost a whole year without Roman. I think it is much more likely we get the "good" Bloodline at or around SummerSlam. Especially after Solo mentioned Jimmy Uso for the first time last night. I think that might be the first peg to come.

Also, Jey Uso has no evident direction for Raw, now that MITB is done, so that clears him up, too.

When Roman went on his sabbatical for the pandemic, he came back at that year's SummerSlam to essentially begin the whole Bloodline saga. I'm thinking we get a parallel to that this year.

As for Orton, I think the seeds start to get planted with him and Cody after SummerSlam.

Oz likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

How it plays out:

Soon: New Bloodline kicks Cody’s, Randy’s and KO’s asses again; Jimmy comes back to even the odds and make the save.

Following weeks: Can they co-exist with Jimmy? Tongans kick DIY’s asses for the tag titles. Jimmy continues to get his ass kicked, until Jey comes out.

Summerslam: Heyman comes out during Cody/Solo. New Bloodline gets ready to attack. Out comes Roman …

Next Raw , Cody talks about surviving, out comes Orton to congratulate him … RKO and Punt.

Next few weeks: Orton complains that he’s tired of bailing out Cody and KO with the New Bloodline. KO objects to Orton, has feud, Orton does Orton things to establish his heel persona.

Old Bloodline begin buildup to Survivor Series and WAR GAMES! (Cue William Regal). Maybe some new guys get involved. Sami comes in. KO challenges Orton, loses, then Cody comes back to beat the heck out of Orton.

Royal Rumble: Roman enters, kicks ass, looks like he’s about to win, then … IF YOU SMELLLLL!! New Bloodline cost Roman. Cena enters and throws out Rock to win and get back at him for last year’s WM Rock Bottom. Orton challenges Cody. Cody wins.

Next Raw: Rock comes out to complain that Cena cost him his chance to challenge Cody. Cena comes out, tells him to go to hell, challenges Cody at WM. Orton comes out to complain. We get Cena vs. Orton at Elimination Chamber where Cena agrees to step aside if Orton wins. Roman comes out and tells Rock also to go to hell.

Elimination Chamber: Cena beats Orton in their match. Uncle Howdy wins the Chamber and challenges Rollins at WM. Old Bloodline and New Bloodline do som shenanigans just to continue their feud.

WM: Cody beats Cena and it ends with the handshake of mutual respect for Night 1. Usos beat Tongans for the tag titles. Night 2 ends with Roman beating Rock. Old Bloodline stands tall.

Next Raw: Roman comes out, acknowledges Cody, and says he’s coming for him at SummerSlam 2025. New Bloodline breaks up and has various feuds with each other.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2024
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Smackdown, though. None of these wrestlers are on Raw.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

War Games being the signature moment of Bloodline 1.0 when they won and Sami and Jay embraced, I assume they’re starting with Survivor Series and working their way backwards

I’m surprised Cody’s involved at all. I give Solo 0.2% chance to become champion. I dont take him seriously as a threat to Rhodes or Reigns. Its almost like he HAS to beat Cody for me to believe he can beat Reigns, and there’s just no way the fans don’t revolt if finishing the story ends with a loss to the bootleg bloodline.

Summerslams in a weird spot and absent a Reigns return Cody/Solo shouldnt even go on last

5. JimmyHoward33

Also this is fantastic

x.com

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Like that has ever stopped them before.

7. nietsroob17

Johnny Gargano puts out a YouTube vlog every Sunday an the travel of him, Candice, Ciampa and Indi. It's always great stuff, but the new one includes last week's championship win in Toronto. It's good stuff, and I'm glad he's able to enjoy it before DIY inevitably gets jobbed out to the Tongans.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’m just adjusting to heel Hangman (who has done nothing wrong!) and now I’ve got dark Orange Cassidy building?

(just catching up after yesterday’s news)

9. nietsroob17

Good Bio on Miz tonight. Another reminder from how far he's risen, from the Diva Search debacle and being kicked out of the locker room by "one guy." (**cough, cough Benoit**)

Might be an acquired taste to some, but give him all the credit in the world. Who in their right mind would've pegged Miz as a first-ballot HOFer and the only two-time Grand Slam champ in WWE history.

JimmyHoward33, sgreenwell and Gutter like this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

Heard an interview last week with Chelsea Green and she said she’d like to be the female Miz. The one they trust to put a celebrity over and play any and every role at any time.

Was a great way to sum up everything he’s been able to do

Batman and Baron Scicluna like this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'm seeing an impressive number of "faces" or "fan favorites" on Raw that I just can't stand.

Also, Rhea Ripley needs to work with professional makeup artists. She's using so much yellow in her foundation that she looks jaundiced.

12. nietsroob17

Jey Uso trying to get in on a "single and ready to mingle" Rhea is glorious.

Draft saved Draft deleted