1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Ok, WTF happened with Swerve and Hangman? They mentioned them crashing through some staging during a break, but never showed anything about them again.

Just seemed like a little underwhelming of an ending. Not that I wanted Perry to be Joan of Arc'ed, but something just seemed to be lacking at the end. Where were Okada and the other Jackson at the end?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Can somebody please wrap Darby Allen in bubble wrap?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Set up for the EVPs to fire Hangman for abandoning them during the match?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. nietsroob17

Only if there are thumbtacks in each of the little bubbles.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One of the problems with this type of match is timing the high spots to avoid commercial breaks. I kinda find the picture in a picture to be distracting and usually just start looking at my phone until I hear the show is back on the air.

6. nietsroob17

I can see the reasoning for Corey's criticism, especially from a guy whose in-ring career was ended due to concussions.

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Didnt Shawn Spears hurt someone accidentally with what was supposed to be a “gimmicked” chair?

i dunno. Unlike guys in the 90s Perry has all the info on cte and concussions. So if he wants to do this, I mean, good luck dude?

8. nietsroob17

That was Cody. Spears said it was a gimmicked chair, but he was off by an inch or two and nabbed Cody with the lip of the upper half of the chair -- not the part where you sit on.

From what I've gathered, Perry's chair was gimmicked, which is why it had "Scapegoat" printed on it -- to differentiate it from all the other chairs. Still, not a good visual.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Between this and the glass thing with Punk, it seems like Perry has a desire to hurt himself. Maybe he feels like he needs to prove himself in some way. Or he just doesn't get it when it comes to working safer while achieving the same result.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Speaking of Cody …

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or, like many 20-somethings, he thinks he's bulletproof.

Draft saved Draft deleted