1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Gunther has been and remains a great wrestler, and he'll do good things with the belt.

Now, get the man a mouthpiece, like he had with Kaiser. His live promos are pretty rough (I know English isn't his first language), and I think why his last promos leading up to tonight were pre-taped in empty arenas.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don’t know what’s going on with Kaiser, and unless there was some backstage stuff, I don’t know why they kicked Vinci out of the group. I thought they were strong as a three-man group.

Now the Judgment Day is splitting up, where will R-Truth go? LOL

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Kaiser broke his ribs when he got speared by Bron Breakker about a month ago. He's supposed to be back for the Bash in Berlin PPV at the end of the month.

4. nietsroob17

Jelly Roll vs. Theory with the five-star classic. Pretty sweet choke slam (with the assist from Theory).

Berlin next? I know it might take a lot to build him back up, but Dragunov vs. Gunther for the belt there would be epic.

5. nietsroob17

ARN ANDERSON!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!

BUST OUT THE GLOCK!!!

(And I think that was Sandra, the longtime wrestling seamstress who was in both WWE and AEW, so a nice touch, too. Also, where they said it was Pharaoh's last trip with Cody. A little emotional there.)

EDIT: Cody got his jacket from Brandi's mom.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2024
    JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

The enforcer of the Bloodline and THE Enforcer under the same roof. Doubt he's physically able, but what I'd give for one more epic spinebuster.

7. nietsroob17

I figure they'd at least lead up to it with the Usos and Heyman first, but there we go.

Like the long wait that ended when the Red Sox broke the Curse of the Bambino and the Cubbies won it all, WWE has finally successfully made Roman Reigns into a face.

Baron Scicluna and Batman like this.
  8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I’m surprised Cody didnt win first.

this set up really nakes Roman a bigger face than Cody. He’s already getting bigger reactions and now he saved him

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ah, didn’t know that. Thanks.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or bring back this guy. It makes sense.

Berlyn-1.jpg

nietsroob17 likes this.
  11. nietsroob17

I don't think Cody legitimately stood a chance without Roman first. Owens and Orton alone (and probably even the Usos) wouldn't have been enough to counter the Bloodline 2.0.

It had to be Roman to cut the head off the snake before Cody could kill it.

I think the OG and 2.0 Bloodlines will feud next, and then Roman will come for Cody -- "I scratched your back, now you scratch mine."

Though also, I suppose we could get Cody and Roman in Berlin, 2.0 interferes, and then we get the family warfare.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Cody and Sikoa were both down when Roman came out, so he didn't really "save" Cody. He just helped him win.

Draft saved Draft deleted