1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

And Orton/Gunther program? Didn't have that on my bingo card, but sign me up.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Orton has settled into Kane's old role of "Credible veteran who can give the new champ a good match and feud yet still eat the loss at the end of it without losing steam."
    That's a lot to fit on a business card.

3. nietsroob17

6.5-point agate font.

Batman likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Are they going to encourage kids to send postcards to Seth Rollins after that beating?
    Good lord. Hasn't been a natural disaster-themed squishing like that in the WWE since Earthquake sat on Damian.

Baron Scicluna and sgreenwell like this.
  5. nietsroob17

That was wild. And the fans actually booed when they pulled Seth out of harm's way.

Glad to see them actually give something to Reed with some substance to it other than the stereotypical David/Goliath or Meat Matches.

Batman likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Paul Ellering looks like he's headed to his gig in a Judas Priest cover band after the show.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was kind of routine, and then just became absurd and hilarious when he kept going back to the top rope. Like when you do a comedy bit so long it gets annoying, but then you keep repeating it and the keeping doing it becomes the joke.
    What'd he hit? Six Tsunamis? Seven?

8. nietsroob17

ODYSSEY JONES?!? What bathroom was he locked in for the last two years?

But that was a helluva debut! Lifting both AOP guys (620 POUNDS!!!) in his arms? DAMN. Like a nimble Mark Henry.

I guess this really does mean Big E ain't coming back, but I can dig Odyssey going under the others' wings.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2024
    Batman likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, for a few weeks until Xavier makes his heel turn. They were definitely planting the seeds for it in those two segments.

This whole episode is feeling like a season premiere/reset. Gunther-Orton, Bronson-Seth, Priest vs. Judgment Day, that stuff with New Day, Kaiser returning, the Wyatt Sicks making their in-ring debut. Lots of stuff going on tonight.

10. nietsroob17

I saw that locker room segment after I posted. Woods did seem to question Odyssey's place a bit.

They've always said they would never break up, but never say never in wrestling. When New Day feuded with the Wyatts way ago, Woods seemed to fracture a bit from Kofi and E, but they never followed up on it.

Maybe E comes in, officially passes the Meat Torch and gives his blessing to Odyssey?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Post-match, Xavier was also looking reluctant to embrace Jones while Kofi was celebrating with him.

12. nietsroob17

That seemed like a telegraphed moment for Miz to turn on Truth as he hugged him, but Miz just did an "oh well" and they faded into a Priest promo.

Draft saved Draft deleted