1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Also was very briefly in ECW, where even the hardcore fans cheered for him.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

if he’s really only going to December I hope we’re not giving one of, what, 3 PPV matches left for Christian?

I love Christian but we’re so far past that mattering.

I just think Ricochet’s gotta go the moon, immediately, else he fades into “oh yeah that guy” with Jay White, Okada, Cole, Malaki, etc etc.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Why isn't he in the Hall of Fame? Seems like he should be a no-brainer unless there was some backstage stuff like the concussion lawsuit.

4. Baron Scicluna

I don’t know, although it wouldn’t surprise me if Vince had some sort of grudge for some reason.

5. Baron Scicluna

I rarely watched late 90s-early 2000s WCW as it had gotten ridiculous, but this Sod reaction to his destroyed cars is just funny.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Typically for the alive dudes, you had to agree to participate to have it happen, and I think there was some bad blood or feelings between him and the office. At least for WWF, he was often on top in somewhat fallow periods - Opposite Hogan when his popularity was flagging. Then he was the main event for Mania 13 vs. Undertaker, but the match was completely overshadowed by the all-timer right before it, Austin vs. Hart No DQ, and Hart interfered repeatedly in the main event too.

Batman likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder how much of that is caused by the talent taking advantage of TK’s longer leash by taking extended breaks they can’t take if they are in a major program. They get breaks they could never get elsewhere.

That said, Okada is so over that he just needs to show up and say “bitch” to make the crowd happy. Jay White and Cole have both been injured - repeatedly. And Malakai took time off to film a movie.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

I figure Reed’s going to beat Braun, but I could see a superplex into a ring collapse spot.

9. Baron Scicluna

OK, even if gimmicked, that’s a Tsunami … on the roof of a fucking car.

Batman likes this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And the car blew up.

What's the point of taking the action away from the arena, though?

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

It would've had to be the main event for that, since there's really no redoing the ring after that.

But that tsunami on the car was impressive as hell. As much carnage as Braun has done backstage, it's a great testament to Reed to have him destroy Braun like that.

Although after seeing the replays, it would've been better to have done the angled shot before because you couldn't see the windows shattering at first.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Also, Florida license plates only go on the back of the car. Why put one on the front?

Draft saved Draft deleted