1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

A backstage video with uncensored F-bombs and mention of gigging? This is definitely a new WWE.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Too bad somebody took the video private already.

3. nietsroob17

4. nietsroob17

I like them both and it should be a good match, but I just want it to make sense.

They both just lost, yet they're at the top of the ladder for the main women's championship. Meanwhile, Statlander (who beat Willow) is contending for secondary championship and inexplicably turned face to Mercedes.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Gig thing ... in the WWE!?!

6. nietsroob17

Good thing NXT is on the road this week because I seriously doubt there would have been any telecast from the PC this Wednesday night.

With as many WWE talent that live in the Tampa/Orlando areas, there's going to be a lot of distracted minds either tonight or on Friday.

7. nietsroob17

The Wyatts' first feud was with Gable after he abandoned Alpha Academy.

Now, as Miz is berating Truth with Kross nearby, the Wyatt glitch flashes "There you are" on the screen. Nice to see the Wyatts are so pro-family, but are they going for Miz or Kross?

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

Well damn. What do I do now with an extra hour on a Monday night?

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Finally got done watching Bad Blood. I don’t know which one WWE thought would get a bigger pop that didn’t actually happen: Triple H mentioning Crown Jewel, or Raquel’s return by interfering with the Ripley-Morgan match.

Also, Goldberg is going spear Gunther somewhere down the line and cost him a match or the belt, isn’t he?

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This is funny. I wonder if anyone at the E thought of this scenario:

11. nietsroob17

I like the vibe of this venue NXT is in outside St. Louis. Concert halls like these are good alternatives if they want to take the show out of the PC, but not into bonafide arenas.

Also got a chuckle out of Trick calling Wes Lee "light skin" and the complementary "Whoop that Trick/Yeet" chants.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I think Miz since he was talking when it flashed? That’s my guess. Plus Miz fits more in the Gable mold as opposed to Kross.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted