1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Copeland began the match on Dynamite and ended it on Rampage. Now, that's talent.

2. nietsroob17

Dark Side on Terry Gordy was just a sad tale on what could've been. How much of a fraction of his past self that he was after OD'ing in Japan.

Next week is Ed Leslie, which is scraping the barrel when talking about sympathetic tales.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That spot where Skye fed thumbtacks into Statlander’s mouth made me nervous. One wrong breath and she’s got a tack down her windpipe.

4. nietsroob17

Some great insight on the famous grocery store brawl. And who woulda thunk it -- Maven is a bigger star as a YouTuber than he ever was as a WWE superstar.

5. nietsroob17

That was a great touch, with an actual Gainesville Police car and footage from an actual body cam and car camera. I've seen enough dumb criminal videos on YouTube to know that.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Its funny there was some chatter this week about LA Knight losing shine because his promo style is so Rock-like that when the real Rock’s around he looks less than.

So they lean into the other attitude kingpin he copies and do a Stone Cold home invasion/arrest angle.

It was awesome

7. nietsroob17

A&E Bio on Bulldog was well-done, but again, wish it got more time. No words minced about how much of a schmuck Dynamite Kid was, or how the Montreal Screwjob (and the later Owen and the WCW trap door incident) sent him on the spiral toward the end of his career.

The videos that wife Diana took of Davey strung out on morphine was horrible.

It proved that Bulldog really was SO good when he was clean and had his mind right.

Next week is Roman. Really hoping it's not just a glorified promo video for the Tribal Chief.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Other than his long struggle to get over as a babyface and the repeatedly forced push, is there any real controversy with Roman?

9. nietsroob17

Not so much controversy, but there is the two battles with leukemia. and I suppose emerging from his dad's and relatives' shadows.

Batman likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll dig into that stuff. I just don't see how it could possibly be anything but relatively positive, since there's just not much negative to dive into. Even the stuff you mentioned has a happy ending. He came back from the leukemia better than ever and has certainly carved his own legacy with this run.

11. nietsroob17

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

God Bless Buddy (Murphy) Matthews

Draft saved Draft deleted