1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Great visual at the end, especially with the rain, and Cody getting "bloodied" at the feet of his own dog at the door of the tour bus.

That's some of the viciousness I wanted to see from heel Rock, as opposed to the usual Hollywood schtick.

Hoping to find an uncensored clip somewhere, because we definitely got a few non-PG words out of Dwayne.

I can only imagine a promo fight between Cody and Rock's 60- or 70-something mamas in the coming weeks.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Cody fucked around and found up. Yikes !

That Raw was straight out of 1999 from start to finish. Great show

3. nietsroob17

4. nietsroob17

The uncensored version of Rock's promo last night.

5. nietsroob17

Bron Breakker somehow reversed a Doomsday Device or Hart Attack while on Otis' shoulders and turned into a midair power slam of Tozawa. Lord.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    Batman and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  6. nietsroob17

The Dark Side on Beefcake was OK. Mainly about his face getting destroyed, and the on/off/on/off friendship with Hogan.

Fitting that Knobbs wouldn't comment on why Hogan cut off Brutus, considering Knobbs is one of the ultimate stooges. Apparently, Hogan and Brutus haven't talked since the 2019 WWE HOF induction.

Next week: Harley Race.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ospreay vs Shibata to open the show? Damn!

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Can somebody please put Prince Nada through several plate glass windows?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Here's my problem with the WM build: It would be incredible if they were building to Rock-Cody. Roman has gotten kinda tossed to the side in all this. I know they’re building to Rock-Roman as well, but the Cody-Roman match has been overshadowed. It’s an afterthought.

Gutter likes this.
  10. nietsroob17

Interesting. Might be part of the reason we got that weird ending.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just saw the Ridge Holland promo on NXT. Is that a work with the unsafe angle? Is it legit? No clue what to think, other than halfway through, I wondered if Holland would return to a storyline with Big E.

12. nietsroob17

Almost 100% convinced it's a work. A classless work (yes, I know it's wrestling), but a work.

He had a little fun with the Brawling Brutes, but the guy is blander than toast, seemingly ended Big E's career and dropped Gargano smack on his head. No rush for me to bring him back to TV.

Oz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted