1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

That setup for Sami's entry? Incredible.

Batman likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That camera work following Jey out of the arena and Sami into the arena. Amazing as hell.

And one guy got shoved by Jey.

3. nietsroob17

That wasn't very Ucey.

Has there been anybody as over in their hometown (or associated hometown) as Sami in Montreal? I think it might even rival Bret in Calgary. I still remember the pop Sami got when he challenged Cena (and busted his shoulder). As over as Bret is in Canada, Sami's pop flattened Bret's that night.

Punk in Chicago? Flair in Charlotte?

4. nietsroob17

And THERE'S the Gable heel turn.

5. Baron Scicluna

Yep, right in front of Sami’s family.

Great timing. Great match too.

6. Baron Scicluna

Punk in Chicago during the Cena match in 2011 was about an insane a crowd as there’s ever been. That crowd would have legitimately rioted if Punk lost.

The Von Erichs were legitimate heroes in Dallas in the early 80s.

Lawler in Memphis and Flair in Charlotte are institutions in those cities.

7. nietsroob17

It was a warranted twist, but I wonder what this does for the other Alpha folks?

They did some good, fun stuff together, but I don't think maniacal heel Gable needs backup. Otis as a heel when he first joined Gable didn't work. He's basically the pro wrestling equivalent of Chris Farley, and it's tough to boo that.

Maxxine is learning her way with Ivy, but Tozawa might be in trouble, which I'd hate because he's been such a loyal soldier all these years. Him and Cedric are the final survivors of 205, and Cedric's been hanging on by a thread for a couple years now.

8. Baron Scicluna

Figure Otis splits from Gable and they have a one-off. Otis then stays in the low card or finds another oartner.

Tozawa either stays with Otis as a low-card team, or joins with Gable as an annoying bodyguard or something.

Maxxine just gets told to take a hike by Gable, and stays as a jobber until she either gets better, or goes back to NXT or gets future endeavored.

Gable goes after Sami, and then heads to NXT and becomes a top guy there.

9. nietsroob17

10. nietsroob17

There have been a couple of these vlogs from Mania, but this one's been the best yet. Jey's son was a bigger ham than his dad is, and it was really heartfelt to see how proud Jey was to be with him -- even though he superkicked him.

11. nietsroob17

On NXT, they had Tatum Paxley do a psycho promo where she's obsessed on becoming the new NXT women's champ. It was nice for them to mention all the champs before her ...

... except the three now employed by AEW, and the one who gave up her job to show her goods on the Internet.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
  12. nietsroob17

Wicked photo from last night. Sami and his wife reach for each other as he gets suplexed. GLTC-azWYAA0-3o~2.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted