1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 17, 2010.

1. bl67550

bl67550 Member

Ya know, coming into this season I was really hoping that Freddie Princz's character would be a super bad ass, nay, the successor to Jack himself.

But as tedious as the story line between him and Dana has been, the absolute worst part of it is that it has wasted Freddie's character, and his surprisingly good acting.

I can see it now, coming down to Cole with a choice; shoot Dana, don't shoot Dana.

I'd shoot her.

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

It's amazing the Nina Meyers turn came off so well considering they hadn't even decided to do it until they burned through their original Season 1 plot in half the time they thought it would take and they needed something to fill the rest of the year.

3. airbag2929

airbag2929 New Member

Have to say I hated Dana Walsh but loved the mole-plot twist. Never saw it coming until about two seconds before it happened. I must also say that the head terrorist dude is perhaps the best in a few seasons on 24. Calm, cool, collected and bad-ass. Love him.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No sense to her being the mole. Would have been much better if she just snapped and killed the guy, rather than being the mole.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Who would've thought it - another season another CTU mole.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

And one who as far as we know has done absolutely nothing to help the bad guys.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Yet.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

This is last season
    http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/03/fox-cancels-24.html

What Kiefer said: “This has been the role of a lifetime, and I will never be able to fully express my appreciation to everyone who made it possible. While the end of the series is bittersweet, we always wanted 24 to finish on a high note, so the decision to make the eighth season our last was one we all agreed upon."

What he meant: "While the end of the series is bittersweet, we always wanted 24 to finish on a high note, but since we couldn't and the last two seasons have been pretty sucky, we're going to hang it up now while people will still want to see the movie."

9. NDub

NDub Guest

I already said it on here.... the end of season 5 would've been fucking perfect if they instead made that phone call his daughter, not a setup call for a Chinese kidnapping.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I know this season, and the last few seasons, have sucked. But I'm truly sad to see this show go. I remember seeing the first promos for it when I was a sophomore in high school, and immediately being hooked after watching the first show.

And, as lame as it may sound, the ticking clock and Jack speaking at the start of each show was what I looked forward to each Monday night. I'll never forget the opening of Season 1: "My name is Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life."

This is a show I've grown attached to. Hopefully the last few weeks of the season will be better than what they've had so far. And hopefully, the movie ties everything together and gives us the ending we want.

11. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

OK, so I think we know Jack DOESN'T die. That sucks.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Why would he die when they have a movie to make?

Draft saved Draft deleted