1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 17, 2010.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

See, the ending that year the way they did it was AWESOME, but they screwed it up by start season 6 as though nothing happened. Jack had pissed off the Chinese at the end of season 4, and it was swept under the rug and forgotten about. ... Until a year later when the Chinese finally got their payback by kidnapping him right out of the country.

When Jack was on the slow boat to China, people were going nuts thinking the next season was going to be all about him breaking out of a Chinese prison. But no. Jack gets off a plane, is told by a Chinese official, "Your country has paid a steep price for you," and it's back to business as usual within 5 minutes.

I couldn't believe they wasted such a great opportunity. Series hasn't recovered since.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I couldn't agree more. That was the beginning of the end.
    If the series is actually sold to NBC, I wouldn't terribly object if they started from there instead of these last three season. Though, I did like that two-hour Resurrection or whatever that came out a while back.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Agree completely.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I thought there was some kind of fake escape to start out? Then, some 30 minutes into the show or maybe the next hour, Jack is on a plane after the U.S. "paid a very steep price" for him?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What are they going to call a 24 movie? "Two hours and 30 Minutes?"

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

2.5?

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

They'll call it "24: The Movie"
    "All events take place in accelerated time"

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I think a season-long escape from a Chinese prison would have been kick ass television. Might have had potential to be the best season ever.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Just announced today. Last season for 24.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It was actually announced Friday, but I'm not sure if anyone posted it on this thread.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

This.

In fact, it got to the point where I put off the chore from last week until tonight, so I have just finished absorbing two hours of shit.

And the preview after tonight's show says there's still 10 hours left, to which my reply is: Fuck.

12. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/03/31/24-dana-walsh-katee-sackhoff-backlash/

Executive producer on viewers' Dana Walsh backlash:

Hey, Howard Gordon. This plot sucks. And your CSI analogy is just as bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted