1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 17, 2010.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

But on the bright side we get two of those 10 hours out of the way next week, the season finale is always a two hour show, so in theory there's only eight more weeks to watch instead of 10.

2. EStreetJoe

It's Thursday so I don't think I need to post a spoiler from this past Monday's episode.
    For that crack special forces unit they had try the abduction - how many of those kills did Jack get credit for, how many did Renee get credit for and how many did the Special Service Unit that got wiped out take out?

3. BRoth

BRoth Member

I think Jack killed three? He definitely shot two during their first advance, then there were two more. One was killed and the other he took with them. This may be partially or completely right.

Renee was just laying down cover fire. I don't know if she killed anyone.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

I stopped watching the show, but do read this thread just to see fan reaction. You guys can check out BauerCount.com for confirmed kills.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I love how bitch Dana survives a shootout with dozens of CTU security guards and agents. Her inclusion in this season tells me the series needs to be put out of its misery. Please, NBC, make a wise decision and do NOT! pick up this show.

6. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

NBC isn't picking it up, so don't worry. But I had very few, if any really, complaints of last night's two hours. The final minutes of trying to rescue Hassan were so intense, and although it was sad I thought it was a great twist for him not to make it. And the past two weeks of the behind-the-back operation pulled by the chief of staff and general have been great, too. And really, as bad as the Dana subplot has been this season, last night she handled the mole role well in my opinion and the writers did a good job of building to the moment she got found out. Overall, I really enjoyed last night.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The Hassan rescue attempt was the first real edge-of-seat moment in a couple years.
    It was reminiscent of the first couple seasons, when the intensity was like that in almost every episode.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

Last night was good, except there's so much technically wrong with the blonde bitch's antics it makes it look like an afternoon soap.

9. EStreetJoe

Last night was very good - the rescue attempt was some great edge of your seat suspense. However we did learn that CTU security guards don't go to the same gun school that the agents attend and all you need to do is have Jack Bauer tell the president you have credible evidence on a threat and you can receive a presidential pardon for anything.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Best episode in a long time, and I liked the twist at the end. Hopefully this was a good sign for the rest of the run.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If last night's episodes had appeared in week 4 or 5, this could have been a great season. Now they're going to start all over with the Russians and the felon president...maybe they'll bring back Tony too. And Audrey. It's Fox, don't be surprised to see Renee and Audrey in hand-to-hand combat over Jack, wearing nothing but wet tank tops and holsters.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yes, there was good edge-of-your-seat action last night. But CTU is in the middle of a major crisis and Dana has been walking away from her work station the entire day. This day is 16 hours old and she's probably been away from her work station 14 of them. How hard could it have been for CTU to figure her out?

Draft saved Draft deleted