1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 17, 2010.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

So did the agents who did absolutely nothing about it.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

But he had a gun! They only had, like, a dozen of them. What were they to do?

3. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Where is he going with the chopper, though? Dana's at CTU. He doesn't have the information he needs from her yet. Am I missing something? The answer is "probably so."

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I didn't see next week's preview, but wouldn't the obvious place to go with the helicopter be the U.N.? That way he can tell Mrs. Hassan the truth and then give a smack-down to the Russian diplomat until he starts telling what he knows.

5. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

So after taking the chopper at gunpoint, he's gonna fly to the UN, and then either take someone else hostage or just kill a bunch of cops until he can get to the Russian guy or whoever? Does he think they'll just let him walk into the UN after all this?

But yeah, you're probably right. I guess it's as plausible as most other things that happen in the show.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

24 has been lousy for most of the season. It's back for the final six weeks. Doesn't really matter how it got there. Just enjoy the ride of Jack going nuts for the rest of the way. That's the real reason we watch.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wanted it to be like Season 1 or Season 2, where he would have walked in there, gotten what he needed and then shot her anyway.

8. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I think bringing back Logan is as big a reason as any other as to why this has gotten interesting again. That character is a hall-of-fame weasel.

9. airbag2929

airbag2929 New Member

Logan is by far the best character (besides Jack) for me. You love to hate him and love him at the same time. I remember when he was the biggest wuss in the world when he first took over as president. Now, the best self-interest driven guy on the show. Never will I dislike anything he does.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Finally got caught up. Strange that things started getting really interesting as soon as the "ticking clock" scenario ended. Logan is a fantastic weasel - loved how he asked to get one Secret Service agent moved into his detail as soon as he got the Russians on board. Logan is right up there with Lost's Ben Linus as characters you almost sympathize with and understand their motivations while also loathing them to the core.
    I'm with the President's decision - get the peace deal and keep the Russian involvement in the plot in your back pocket for future use. Wasn't that the point of the thing all along?

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I didn't realize how massive the CTU complex was.
    They've got the underground garage entrance, the parking lot entrance, and a roof-top helipad disguised as an open field across the river from Manhattan where the rest of the facility is located.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Very, very impressive bit of writing. In a matter of two hours Dana Walsh has gone from the worst of the worst to a somewhat sympathetic character whose survival the next few hours of the show hinges on.

That, my friends, is not easy to do.

Meanwhile, the once-admirable president deserves impeachment and a firing squad.

Draft saved Draft deleted