1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 17, 2010.

1. To quote Marv from Jackson-Steinam: "We really took a bath on that ugly bitch." I want those 60 minutes of my life back. End this already.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I've actually enjoyed these last couple of episodes. Jack on his own with nobody to answer to is just awesome.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

President Taylor: terrible character, or the worst character? Discuss.

4. Preside
    That character is stuck in neutral, whining about this peace process, God if they utter those two words again, I'm chucking the Wii-mote through the flat screen and blaming the 9 year old.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's actually terrible writing that has caused these characters to swing all over the place. They aren't characters. They are plot devices. Whatever the plot needs them to do, they do.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I disagree simply because I find it plausible that Dana and the information and evidence she has is now essential to proving the Russian involvement and the high-level shenanigans and coverup to keep a bogus peace process going. And as is always the case, the coverup is more sinister than the crime it's covering up.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I think that plotline is running smoothly, but her character merely acts however the plot calls for her to act. At first, she was all mousy and could barely handle when her ex called up threatening to out her. Then she just went nuts and cold-bloodedly murdered the parole agent. Then she's all tough girl in interrogations with Jack. And now she's a screaming baby when the security firm drags her out of CTU. If her character was true to itself from the beginning, she would have just met the ex and gutted him. If she's tough enough to handle being a Russian mole, she's tough enough to handle that punk.

But the plot called for that guy to contact her on the one day her plan was to swing into action, and for her to act the ways she did so as to try to trick the viewer and surprise us with plot twists.

President Taylor, I can at least see some motivating factors for her actions. She's being swayed by Logan. But no way a woman who would send her daughter to jail would do what she's doing, unless the plot called for it.

Chloe's acting that way now, just doing whatever the plot calls for to further the story.

Of course, the entire show is as believable as the Clippers winning the NBA title, so why quibble?

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Other than the murders of Hassan and Renee, the rest of these episodes are as dopey as the earlier ones.

The highly-principled president now in cahoots with a presidential felon? Chloe disregards presidential orders to help Jack? And waterboarding?? Waterboarding is so 2006.

Come on, you have 5 episodes left, DO SOMETHING. We're running out of time.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

There's absolutely no way they can make Dana sympathetic to me at this point. It's totally absurd. We've seen her commit high treason and murder, with not even a hint of conscience. And now we're supposed to care that she's going to get tortured? On a show that has glorified Jack torturing dozens of people for the greater good?

And the awesome hanging lampshade deserves props: "I don't need the chargers."

10. printdust

printdust New Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. printdust

printdust New Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Where's the vice-president been hiding and why hasn't Taylor been talking to him about everything that's been going on?

They've been so over the map with Dana it's hard to know what her character is really like. But one thing is for certain - she's not likeable or one you're sympathetic for.

President Taylor going against her beliefs for the sake of the peace process is pretty unbelievable as well.

Chloe leading Jack into the trap is believable because her character has always done what she believes to be the right thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted